Whats the deal with this guy?

So I met this guy at a party and we hung out the whole night and went back to his place - we talked for like 2 hours and then just made out. Then the next couple days he asked me to study at the library and eat dinner with all his friends, so I said sure! Then he asked if I wanted to come over again and I did. We talked on his bed, not even touching, for like 2 hours, and then we kissed for a few minutes and he drove me home.

So then on the drive back he tells me he doesn't/can't have a girlfriend right now. And I ask why he would ask me to do all this stuff if he didn't and he told me he "likes me a lot and he already cares about me a lot more than he expected." I was kind of mad at this point because I wasted a lot of my day with someone who I thought I was working towards a relationship with. So he keeps on telling me how much he likes me and how much I mean to him and he drops me off. I say we can just be friends and he's like "maybe someday more."
He then tells me that night that he has some depression/anxiety and isn't sure if he could give me his best but there were more reasons I didn't know about either. ( I suspect a recent ex girlfriend?)

SO things I'm confused about: he texts me everyday and responds within literal minutes, never leaves me on open, wants me to hangout with him and his friends (asks almost everyday), tells me I'm different from a lot of girls he's met and that I'm interesting, tells me he doesn't want sex and just likes talking to me, doesn't want to hear about other guys/past boyfriends of mine, and keeps saying "I like you a lot," and that he's "getting better."

I AM SO CONFUSED! Any advice/help on what the heck is going on here?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• your experience seems a lot like the one my fiancee had, she never was with this guy but he gave her a lot of attention and so things did happen between them but never more than kissing. It effected our relationship at first because he kissed her when she was out with friends.. Then last week he tells her he's gay and always has been but religious so he had to break his vow to god and be himself. Lmao it couldn't have been more perfect for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • He just needs a little bit of time, talk to him and wait until HE is ready for a relationship. Don't push it, he needs some time to realize you are the one.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes