Why do people outgrow their relationship?

I knew this relationship going to end since I outgrown the relationship. Moving on and to a better thing. Did anyone people outgrown their relationships? Read the question & details, please.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't, but one of exs did. It happens. We parted in mutual agreement that I was no longer the kind of person who could contribute to her life. I didn't really agree... but e en if one partner feels they have outgrown the relation, there's no point not letting the relation dissolve.

0|0
    0|0
    • It happens two times too. first one always said he can't hang out or being too busy. I grow out my relationship since he didn't put effort and I have our grown to maturity.

• I know what you mean. It was the same with me. She had no time for me... I was willing to compromise with that, but she realized that the compromise would probably become a problem down the line. Here you too could compromise. But chances are it'll only further complicate matters.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It happens all the time. People tend to find others with the same emotional maturity, but some people continue growing while others stagnate. This happens often with young women and older men. The older man seems mature but as the young woman matures from say 18 to 24 she realizes that the guy is stuck at 22. Or a man or woman with poor self-esteem pairs up with a domineering partner. When the weaker partner becomes more self-confident and starts saying "no", the relationship ends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course we outgrow crushes on people because they have the coolest car or the most spending money. Or we should!!! It's pathological if people don’t

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a hard question to answer, you really can't pinpoint a specific explanation. It varies from couple to couple. I personally didn't outgrow any, my relationships ended for more volatile reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, one person is usually more mature while the other remains stagnant

it's best to move on because it will cause a negative impact in the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be very hard for some, almost impossible for the weak willed.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people do love to move on as they want choose different path in life

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes