Girls, I try to be a good gentleman towards girls, why do I always keep finding the ones who only want to be friends?

So I'm a guy in his early 20s who values being a gentleman to try and win over girls. I'll try my best to make them feel special and generally put effort into people who show interest in me but tend to find out after a few months down the track that they only want to be my friends. I have gained a few really good friends this way and are now like sisters to me but I am disappointed that I can't really get a girl to take much more interest in me. I tend to do the best I can to put them first and generally get dragged along for months by girls who do the same to me as they complain about guys doing to them. Which is getting difficult and slightly depressing. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

2