Did he get offended that I forgot his name?

I work with this guy. And he's flirted/teased me in the past. I gave him a nickname when I met him (that has nothing to do with his real name) and I've called him the nickname ever since. And out of nowhere, I was gonna tell him something and I said "damn. I forgot your name". But I think it's just because I've never called him by his real name. And he was like "wow". And then he proceeded to go and ask EVERYONE that was working, if they knew his name. Then he came back and sAid "everyone here knows my name except for you". And I apologized and started guessing. I think I got it on the third or fourth guess? But he got kinda quiet when I was guessing and said "ding ding ding" when I finally got his name right. He also pointed out that he knew my name.

Did he get offended?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I would find it slightly disrespectful to not recall the name of someone you have been working with for, I assume, an extended period of time. Also, haven't you heard everyone else at work call him by his real name? I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't.

• The majority of them started calling him by the nickname I gave him.

• I see, well if he seems overtly offended, I would just let him know that your brain always associated him with his nickname rather than his actual one. It is only human to blank out at times. It has happened to me plenty.

Most Helpful Guy

• Almost definitely, people don't do embarrassing shit like that unless they offended or pissed off. You should probably explain the problem to him asap.