Is the camera really how you look like in real life? Or is the true mirror?

So I’ve been told I’m pretty/gorgeous by many people in my life. But for some reason, whenever I look at a picture of myself, it looks DISGUsting. I try everything, changing the angles, posing a different way. I just look gross. It makes my nose look larger and my face look assymmetrical. At home, I put 2 mirrors together at 90 degrees , which apparently shows you your true reflection. However, I can see some of the stuff I see in pictures, but my nose is smaller, and my hair line doesn’t look as bad as it does in pictures. What should I believe, the camera/pictures, or the true mirror? ? Bc summer vacation is coming up and I wanna take some bomb ass pics without having to worry about my ugliness 😂😂

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No its not really. Im a pro photographer. First up camera sensor isn't same definition as human eye. Also camera captures a still moment so a lot of expressions n minute details show up that the eye misses with movement in person. Thats why as a photographer i set up photos properly and not just click. If u do 100 candid shots id say 5 or less would be a true reflection... then again.. some people are simply not photogenic without effort. I have an ex girlfriend who in person is stunningly beautiful but on camera needs a lot of preparation.. she just isn't as photogenic as she might seem.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A person can never be able to see themselves as how they really look through other people's eyes. Neither a mirror nor a camera tell the truth.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You are not alone, I just feel I am beautiful when seeing mirror but my thoughts get shattered when I suddenly take a pic. Maybe outdoor photos at certain distance may help you

1|0
    0|0
    • No distance works trust me😂😂my confidence declined greatly

• I feel the same... Very rarely I look good in photos... but people always tell me I look incredible in real... my confidence went down very badly.. I understand exactly what u mean... But then I started being happy and I saw some change although not a major one but some change in my photos

1|0
    0|0
  • Well not seeing what you look I can’t express an opinion As a photographer myself I would say that the Camera doesn’t lie That’s not to say what you see you don’t like I would remind you of the old saying Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder What makes you feel this way about yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • If you put yourself under a microscope (so to speak) you're gonna naturally find all kinds of things you think are wrong. But in the real world, people who look at you don't notice the little things you're so critical of. They just see the whole picture and think you're pretty and gorgeous. It's probably human nature for all of us to be our own worst critics.

0|0
    0|0
  • That my friend is what is known as not loving yourself. Tbh I think my pictures make me look horrible but I guess it just means your more critical of yourself your look fine am sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Cameras are not 100% accurate.

We have 2 eyes. A camera is only one eye.

People look better when viewed with 2 eyes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think almost all people look better in real life than in photos. Seeing just one frame kind of takes the life out of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • In certain pictures yeah the others I look completely different

0|0
    0|0
  • You should believe your best friend. She/he will never lie to you no matter what. If she is indeed your best friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • The camera is more realistic.

0|0
    0|0
    • How? The mirror at 90 degrees produces a real image doesn’t it?

• Doesn’t the camera distort your features

• Cameras are assholes, the mirror is telling the truth.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes