Is the camera really how you look like in real life? Or is the true mirror?

So I’ve been told I’m pretty/gorgeous by many people in my life. But for some reason, whenever I look at a picture of myself, it looks DISGUsting. I try everything, changing the angles, posing a different way. I just look gross. It makes my nose look larger and my face look assymmetrical. At home, I put 2 mirrors together at 90 degrees , which apparently shows you your true reflection. However, I can see some of the stuff I see in pictures, but my nose is smaller, and my hair line doesn’t look as bad as it does in pictures. What should I believe, the camera/pictures, or the true mirror? ? Bc summer vacation is coming up and I wanna take some bomb ass pics without having to worry about my ugliness 😂😂

49

Most Helpful Guy

• No its not really. Im a pro photographer. First up camera sensor isn't same definition as human eye. Also camera captures a still moment so a lot of expressions n minute details show up that the eye misses with movement in person. Thats why as a photographer i set up photos properly and not just click. If u do 100 candid shots id say 5 or less would be a true reflection... then again.. some people are simply not photogenic without effort. I have an ex girlfriend who in person is stunningly beautiful but on camera needs a lot of preparation.. she just isn't as photogenic as she might seem.

Most Helpful Girl

• A person can never be able to see themselves as how they really look through other people's eyes. Neither a mirror nor a camera tell the truth.