Is "I've been busy" ever true, or is it most likely an excuse?

Is "I've been busy" ever true, or is it most likely an excuse? I've been texting this guy I met on an online dating site. Things have been going Well. We want the same stuff, but we haven't met yet. We live like an hour away from eachother and a date for us would have to be planned out ahead of time. We were talking about planning something but nothing was set in stone. Now all the sudden we go from talking everyday to next to nothing. I finally got a hold of him today after 5 days of nothing at all and he says he has been busy at work. Am I being insecure, and this is nothing? Or do you think he has lost interest? I'm really new to this and I don't know what is normal when you meeting someone over the internet. It's so much easyer to understand what someone is thinking face to face.
What I sent was "Hey, How's it going?" and he said "Just busy as fuck at work, You?"... I have no idea how to respond to that. He sounds mad that I texted him. I don't want to bug him, so I haven't replied, and I don't know if I should or not. Ugh... I hate dating! Help!

38

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is, it can either be an excuse or it can be absolutely true. Getting to know someone new takes up a lot if energy and if he has been busy with work, he might not have found enough energy to do so. He might be the type to not text mindless babbling and wants to be fully contracted when texting. But that's also an easy excuse people use when they are loosing interest. You'll only know after he either finds the time or just cuts you out. For starters I'd reply to the message normally telling him how you are doing. If he feels like continuing the conversation, it might be a good sign, but if he leaves it at that, you will have to wait and see.

Most Helpful Guy

• Welcome in the world of online dating! You must understand that you are only one woman amongst many, same as guys are not alone with one girl. It's the character of this medium that you have problems coping with. Imagine you are in a crowd of girls around one guy. In this situation You are a timeslot. Not more than that. If he decides to spend more time with another girl, you won't hear from him until he is done with her and so forth.

• That makes a lot on sence. Sucks... but in the business mindset it makes it easyer to take.

• Right. Better go for the real thing. Forget online dating.