Guys, is proposing marriage a big deal for you? Enough that it would cause you to be distant from your girlfriend for months?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend and I have been together for 12 years - living together for 10 years - and have three children together and neither of us wants to be married. We both feel that what we have is, at the risk of sounding a bit granola, natural and beautiful and that a ceremony and a ring would, far from adding to it, cheapen it.

Don't get me wrong, I have told my girlfriend that if she ever changes her mind, I would marry her in a heartbeat. However, she has never expressed an interest and she got pregnant the first time and I raised the issue, she said she was happier with us as a couple.

Long answer -but no. If it is love you want to share with family and friends. If marriage is simply a way of excluding the people in your life that you have called friends, then you really don't need it. You can love someone, deeply and passionately as my girlfriend and I love each other, without excluding the other loves in your life.