Is he still to young?

My friend is dating a boy that happens to be either 15 or 16. They have been dating for a while, and he wants to take it to another level and have sex. She's unsure about it, because she's 18, but truly loves this boy dearly and doesn't want to be charged with anything if his mother found out. Is he still too young for an intercourse? If he gives her consent, are they allowed to mess around! (He's an 11th grader)

210

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is if you're comcerned about the legality of this, it ought to be immediately out of the question. The possible ramifications for getting caught are something that your friend would have to bear for the rest of her life. It would be there for potential employers to see in the future, landlords who are considering who to let live in their space.

On top of all this, imagine reputation she'd have if word got out to your peers. You say that she truly loves him, but I say that if he "truly" loved her, then him taking the risk of causing all this to her would be unacceptable to him. Ergo, no, they are certainly not ready to be having sex.

And as her friend, who cares about her, you owe it to her to tell her what your feelings/reservations are about the situation, even if you don't agree with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 15 with a woman who was 36 but I kept my mouth shut.