Is he still to young?

My friend is dating a boy that happens to be either 15 or 16. They have been dating for a while, and he wants to take it to another level and have sex. She's unsure about it, because she's 18, but truly loves this boy dearly and doesn't want to be charged with anything if his mother found out. Is he still too young for an intercourse? If he gives her consent, are they allowed to mess around! (He's an 11th grader)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is if you're comcerned about the legality of this, it ought to be immediately out of the question. The possible ramifications for getting caught are something that your friend would have to bear for the rest of her life. It would be there for potential employers to see in the future, landlords who are considering who to let live in their space.

On top of all this, imagine reputation she'd have if word got out to your peers. You say that she truly loves him, but I say that if he "truly" loved her, then him taking the risk of causing all this to her would be unacceptable to him. Ergo, no, they are certainly not ready to be having sex.

And as her friend, who cares about her, you owe it to her to tell her what your feelings/reservations are about the situation, even if you don't agree with me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 15 with a woman who was 36 but I kept my mouth shut.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd recommend typing your states name and the words "minimum age of consent" into google and you'll get an answer

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean... look it up? It's easy to look into the legality of it. However, I wouldn't recommend it personally just because, well, It's weird to me...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on your state's age of consent, but most say 16 is the age of consent. If he really is 15, while it may seem cool to him, I can see why she is a bit concerned.

0|0
    0|0
  • She will go to jail if his parents fibd out. It would be best to wait for any serious stuff till after he turns 18

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as he uses a condom keep his mouth shut, then there is no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what's considered a minor where you live. Here, you are until you hit 18. So, legally he cannot give consent

0|0
    0|0
  • I see there is no harm in it if you both want the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not how it works dear God this is dumb in the UK consent is 16 if he is 15 someone going prison

0|0
    0|0
  • i think so

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say you should be completely fine

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes