Girls, Do I still have a chance?

I liked this girl who is a junior and I am a sophomore. She gave me all the signs of liking which a shy girl would.
-Looking
-Eye contact
- Initiating conversations

However, I too am a shy guy and one day I texted her. Man, that text took a lot of courage! In response when I started the conversation I got.
Oh hi, did you need something?
I responded with, Haha, no. Whats up though?
No response! However, I never got that read sign you would on iPhone. This happened all at around 9 PM on a weekday. Plus this was the first time I ever texted her.

I am unsure what I should do. I only knew her for a month and I barely speak to her. Unfortunately, what scares me is that now her friends... the ones I don't know. Know me! Yikes :(

Do you think I can have a comeback or is it too late?
  • Yes
  • No

2

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're being too hard on yourself and overthinking. Its a good thing she didn't read it. That means she didn't ignore you. Maybe she was busy. Just try to talk to her when you see her. Though, I think you should be prepared for rejection if you're seeking a relationship. All those signs you listed could easily just be her wanting a friendship too. But you never know.