Why do tall girls not seem that interested in dating tall guys?

I'm pretty tall, so much so that it's a little awkward for me to date girls who are on the shorter side. I constantly have friends and family telling me I should date tall girls because of this. What they never understand is that tall girls, while being rare to begin with, are usually indifferent to dating tall guys. There have been quite a few shorter girls attracted to me, but not so with tall girls. So I know the problem isn't that I'm completely undesirable.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that's entirely true, I'm a tall girl and I LOVE tall guys because then it's not awkward

0|0
    0|0
    • How tall are you?

• Show All
    • Also, I've never been interested in a short guy (with the exception of the guy that I'm talking to now). I tell myself that it doesn't matter, because it doesn't, but something on the inside would tell me no, that doesn't work. Again, with the exception of a guy that I'm currently talking to.

• I do get a lot of the "wow you're so tall" comments. I never know how to respond. I even had a girl at work say, "no offense, but you're extremely tall." What does that really mean?

But no, I don't get interest from the tall girls. I don't get it, but then, I guess it isn't the first time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• I have noticed that too and I do not know. I've always been interested in taller guys due to me being 5'10 and being around the average male adults height. My guess is that they either think that taller guys prefer short girls or they just like short boyfriends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with hippie22, tall guys like shorter girls. I’m 5’10” and I’m the same height as my SO. Lots of girls like to feel small. Height is not and should not be a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree, height isn't a dealbreaker to me at all. I'm just curious why this seems to be the case.

• Girls looking for a serious relationship won’t care the height (or shouldn’t), just be your awesome self and girls will come 😊

• I do get interest from girls, just not the tall ones.

• I think it's because most really tall girls want to try to be more normal, and being with a really tall guy only makes them feel weird because they stand out so much as a couple.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I heard otherwise. Especially from my bestfriend, she is 5'7ft and ideal for her is at least around 6ft lol

0|0
    0|0
  • What! All my tall friends want tall guys. Theyre always complaining about guys the same height or an inch or two shorter likes them. Which I think is kinda dumb. Most tall girls want tall guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a tall girl, you get so used to guys being shorter than you that height no longer matters. Short or tall, doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'7, considered tall for a girl and I prefer to date taller guys. I want someone that I can feel protected by and that's usually in the arms of a tall guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Here I am average height, and stuck in the middle, nothing special about my height. DAMMIT I'M SO AVERAGE!!

0|0
    0|0
    • As someone who's an outlier, believe me, average can look pretty damn good at times.

• who are these girls? and exactly how tall are they because I'm tall and i like tall guys... most women love tall guys

0|0
    0|0
    • My experience is, short girls are crazy for tall guys, but very tall girls 5'9" and over just seem blase about the whole issue. I had a lot of tall friends and we all saw the same thing.

• Well some girls like dating someone that’s not there high, like me I’m tall and I like short guys and some tall guys, but mostly short ones

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve usually found it the complete opposite, that tall guys tend to prefer the shorter girls.

0|0
    0|0
    • I prefer girls who I prefer who also prefer me. I don't care so much about height.

• Me myself, I am a bit intimmidated by tall guys since girls are a few inches shorter on average

0|0
    0|0
  • The chance of having a baby could be high and I would want someone tall

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they think tall guys want shorter girls. Some girls like shorter boyfriends, I find it cute!

0|0
    0|0
  • they want shorter guys? lol no. thats not true

0|0
    0|0
    • No, not shorter, just a similar height to them. I usually see tall girls with guys who aren't really that tall at all.

• i always hit on tall ones

0|0
    0|0
  • How tall are you? I love tall guys lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no clue where you're getting that from cause all my friends and I like tall guys. Dont get me wrong if a guy likes me and he's around my height ima probably go out with him, I dont think I would ever go out with someone shorter than me, I mean so far I haven't. BUT if I could choose a guys height I'd make him taller than me, that way I could wear my heels without him looking like an oompa-loompa next to me

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on every girls opinion. I'm tall and I prefer middle height shorter guys cause that's just what I'm attracted to. But it doesn't matter about how tall or short a girl is, she can't change the way she feels for a guy or who she is attracted to (:

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a lie

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall girls are gross.

0|0
    2|0
  • well im ridiculously short but my one friend who's like 5 inches taller than me is really into tall guys. maybe no guys as tall as her, but guys who are taller than her she's into

but the guys she's into to me, are what i consider giants lolz

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall girls have to get so used to people pointing out their unusualness that they don’t necessarily value social norms like “You’re hotter if you have a tall boyfriend.”

2|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes