To tell him or not to tell him :/?

I’m in high school (grade 9) and I like my closest guy friend and I don’t know what to do because I’m probably not going to marry him and I don’t want to lose him as a friend if we get together and break up. But like this crush is the real deal, it’s not just some stupid physical attraction, I am attracted to his personality more than anything else. But I feel like if we get together we are bound to break up because it’s high school and then I will lose one of my best friends. Do I tell him how I feel or do I ignore my feelings? Usually, people would say “oh tell him” but I want real advice IDC if it’s harsh or not ideal.
+ I don't know if it’s just my brain trying to jeopardise this crush (happens a lot tbh) but I think he might like another girl
UPDATE!- this year we have drifted apart like we have barely talked and I'm confused, I never told anyone that I liked him

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Only you can decide if it's worth the risk. One one hand, if you care too much about him as a friend and don't want to risk losing him, that's your answer. But know that you'll have to live with how you feel. On the other hand, if you like him so much that you really want to see how he feels and whether you two can be more than friends, even if it means possibly losing him as a friend, then that's your answer. But, again, there are going to be consequences no matter what. I can't tell you which to choose. You just need to think about it a lot and pick whichever decision you'd regret less. Good luck with everything!