Why is he acting weirdly after a great first date?

I am an adventure seeking girl who loves the outdoors and fitness. I love making other people happy and go out of my way to make as many people's day every day. I met this guy, a bit nerdy but super cute with a great personality which is all I really care about since i love a good laugh. Anyway, we really clicked as we both love the outdoors. We went on a hiking date which lasted the whole day and ended in dinner, cuddling and a very unexpected (but amazing) first kiss from him. Now, however, he is acting very strangely towards me. He speaks less and he doesn't flirt in messages anymore, yet still thinks of other adventures which we can share in the future. He did mention that girls like me dont usually talk to guys like him. Weird.

I'm reading the signs that he's not interested anymore, which is sad but reality. Any opinions? Should I give up or keep trying to make him smile?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it’s easier to flirt over text. And now that things went good, he may be hesitant to ruin something that was so good? You know. Before he didn’t really have anything to lose. Now he does. Only reason i say this is cause you said he still makes up ideas for you two to do. You can always ask too. Ask him what’s wrong and if he says nothing or whatever. Be like okay just making sure. You haven’t been as talkative lately.

Most Helpful Guy

• Put those thoughts on the back burner for now. Definitely over thinking it. You don't have nearly enough information to make good judgments. As long as he commits to a second date, you're good to go. He just has a bunch of dude feelings.

• Lol like maybe he didn't anticipate getting this far and just doesn't know what to do. Take the lead.