How much money does a woman need to earn to be "acceptable" to a man?

I have a good government job.

I earn more than BOTH of this guys 2-ex-wives, his (allegedly) alcoholic ex-GF... & the woman he ended up cheating on me w/.

But he always complained about my income.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all. You dont want that man. nor do you want, or need his acceptance, you need to run from this guy. This is your opportunity that you've been giving to have freedom to find true love is somebody that respects you, for you and nothing else.

2|1
    0|0
    • Unfortunately, I DO want his acceptance. ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ข

But he does NOT seem to respect me.

And that's part of what hurts me so very, very much!!!

• Yes i could feel that threw your question... And there's nothing. Wrong with you wanting what you want. We all have been there. And its your life.. your happiness.. your pain.. We are human beings, that are built for perfection love compassion giving of self, we're lovers yeah we're Fighters for what we believe in into each generation oh that either breaks down or get stronger. We hate to lose we hate to be denied, we hate feeling that wear unworthy that we are not wanted, that it clouds are perspective, of what's really going on, we're so deep into it we can not take 10 steps back and look at the whole picture. We have tunnel vision and can only see it our way. all I can say is, you're probably a very very good person with a very good heart with a lot of love and compassion and sometimes we have to go through this kind of stuff to learn with real signs are. I hope things work out for you I hope your heart doesn't get hurt, and you can smile at the end of each day

• โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป TY

But unfortunately, at 38-years old, I experienced my first major depressive episode.

And, unfortunately, it's "refractory." Despite numerous meds, I'm still not back to "me."

Most Helpful Girl

• Screw him for complaining... i feel that as long as you have enough money to afford your own food, shelter, and clothing (basically solidifying your independence and that u can live without his money) than he can't complain

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That's the first time I've heard a female say this...

ANYWAYS... yo... do what you want, be yourself... like people 5 years old.. and people 95 years old say this to you throughout your life... literally you aren't happy because you're using money and success to judge acceptableness?

being accepted is an emotion feeling and survival "need" for a healthy person... money seems to fill that void because it offers things like, control, power, opportunity, it IS indeed powerful but truly if you are able to be accepted by a person who's got a good head on their shoulders... are honest.. open... kind but confident... someone who accepts you for who you are instead of what you "should" be according to them or society... if you had this person... you wouldn't be asking that question...

put it this way...

how much money does a cow, or a bird or a turtle have to make...

if you say "well they're just animals"
    so are we...
    only we were stupid enough to invent things that worry us to death and let it control us instead of us controlling it...

1|1
    0|0
  • As a general rule, men don't care about a woman's income. if you are seeing a guy who is concerned about your finances in that way, he's a male gold-digger. You should dump his ass.

1|1
    0|0
    • I guess I just don't "get" why his very low income ex-v were acceptable & his (allegedly) alcoholic (& low income) ex-GF was acceptable... while I wasn't.

• Show All
    • ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• I'm just as confused as you are! I want to meet this guy and smack him back to reality myself ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Enough to support yourself. In my relationship I have to afford rent then we split any other bills that we both use. We share the rest to pay for what each other wants

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, it depends on the situation. As long as she is able to pull her own weight, or at least make a significant contribution in paying the bills (unless she is still studying) I'd be fine with it. More than that would just be a bonus.

2|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like money wasn't the issue here. Sounds like you found a real loser.

2|0
    0|0
    • What hurts is that I had looked up to him & trusted him SO MUCH!!!

• it could also depend on attitude.

a woman that makes a little money but knows how to manage it can seem more desirable than another woman that also makes a little but spends every single cent or getting loans.

1|0
    0|0
  • No money at all. Men are not making decisions based on a woman's income.

1|0
    0|0
    • This one claimed to be (though it makes no sense).

• Show All
    • Oh. LOL.

Since I found out about the other woman (& went into my first major depressive episode) ... all I can think is "wow, he was right that there's something wrong w/ me!!! He knew before I (or anyone else) did."

And I feel shame.

• Don't feel shame. For what? Look. I knew it about my ex as well. Somehow there was something I saw that wasn't right. It turned out she has a personality disorder. I had to go after one year of trying. But the one person affected can't realize it. Don't feel shame. Take it as knowledge.

• In my opinion money shouldn't be part of a discussion until you are ready to be a couple, this includes sharing all expenses 50/50 right down the middle. Other wise it will become a argument.

1|0
    0|0
  • Earn enough to buy whatever you want. Men don't really care about your job or your money (unless you're in debt)

Focus more on your looks and bring more to the table than just that as well

1|0
    0|0
  • Couldn't care less, as long as she wasn't using me as a bank (until a certain point, like we've been together for a while)

2|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter at all to me as long as she's not a gold digger lol

1|0
    0|0
  • It never was about money, it was about his insecurities. Good ridance i'd say

1|0
    0|1
  • Doesn't matter how much you earn. It matters that you can support yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • None. It's about love. Find someone that doesn't make money an issue.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't matter to me lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes I love it stacked up with a cheater hoping he would stay loyle

• Show All
    • Nope that's what u wish but not true no matter what u did it would never be good enough

• of his "epic" friends... & the "epic" other/older chick

• In my opinion women need not earn anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most guys don't care about a woman's income.

1|0
    0|0
    • And, based upon his other choices in women, it appears that he usually didn't care either... except when it came to me & me alone.

• Show All
    • me: 1 child, university educated, state job (w/ a livable base wage & opportunity for massive overtime), NO divorces (as I'd chosen to be single for 12.5 YEARS to focus on my child)

Yet me mocked/ridiculed my income.

And he eventually INSISTED I hide in the utility room if his friends were to stop by unannounced. (This was after he'd promised me I'd meet them someday.)

• He cheated on me w/ (& left me for) a woman w/ roughly my BASE income (but w/out my opportunity for overtime) who has property VIA one of her two divorces.

(Anything I have/own is either from my family or from my own hard work. I've never received ANYTHING from a divorce!!!)

• male gold digger is becoming a fashion.

1|0
    0|0
  • As much as man

1|1
    0|0
  • As long as you're able to financially support yourself, without needing too much help with money. I really wouldn't care how much you make.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes