So what is your opion on dating someone with a child?

Would you be less or more likely to date a guy that has a child from a previous relationship, or does it not matter that much to you, lets hear from both the ladies and the gents here just for curiosities sake,

Fellas would you date a mom more likely less likely dont matter
Share your thougths 😊
  • More likely
    Vote A
  • Less likely
    Vote B
  • Dont matter
    Vote C
  • Im a unicorn
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Depending on the situation, I can sway between doesn't matter and less likely. I would first observe his relationship with his child and mother of the child, to determine the potential value he holds as a parent and partner. Did they end on good terms? is he super bitter about the separation? or was he possibly widowed? does he show genuine affection to his child, or does he use custody as a tool against the mother? many single parents are actually very nurturing and loyal people, they just happened to have a relationship that didn't work for one reason or another. But what is the reason? that is the important question. I'd get to know him and his child first, and I would understand that many a single father will always place his kid first... and so would I!

I don't have kids of my own but I think that they are super important and need much consideration in any potential relationship because they don't have much of a choice in the legal sense. I guess what I'm saying is to carefully observe & know what your getting into before making any decisions/harsh judgements. Many single moms/dads deserve a second chance. Kids can be especially affected by someone new in their parent's life, and they deserve to be happy just as much as the mom/dad.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on how ready I am for a child, and how I'll feel about my own children. It's 'less likely' for me because, for instance, I will probably want to be a biological father to my children. But, that's not to say I can't fall head over heels for someone who is already a mother and have more children. Really depends on how the circumstances work out.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would be less likely to date them, because I dislike children and do not want any children or to be involved in a child's life like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • She'd have to meet my normal criteria for dating, plus:

1) Reliable babysitter, preferably a family member
    2) Father has the kid some of the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Being in a relationship with someone entails bearing he burdens that come along with them. If I truly loved someone and had to consider getting together with them, I've no issue with them having a child.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be more likely to date a man with kids. Number one reason being I have kids. Secondly guys with kids are more stable. They wouldn’t typically be looking for just sex. Being a full time parent isn’t easy. I think single dads are awesome and sexy.

2|1
    0|0
  • I would consider it, but it would depend on a lot of factors

- The nature of his relationship with the kids' mom
    - How much time he can devote to our relationship
    - How well I get along with his kids
    - Whether all the kids have the same mom

Etc.

1|0
    0|0
    • Fair and understandable
      Thank you for sharing 😊

• I would not mind , bit my bonding with her kid (or kids) will play a part in my bonding with her. If I can't get along with ker kids (if less than 15) , but well with her , I would walk away. Its a package.

Im a single dad. Few ladies stuck by my side. Some ladies ran after a while because I could not give them enough time, despite my daughter visiting her mom on weekends so I was free. Thats my experience.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for your answer sir although not entirely in your situation i can understand it 😊 my son comes first always for me and if i find someone to date again and she dosent understand that, then sorry you got to go 😜 although I've been accused when i was spending time with him it was to get back with his mom and she never believed i had absolutly no intrest in that what so ever

• Aah , well hear this. I have a very difficult situation and belong to a moderately traditional culture - INDIAN - where most girls from my culture will NEVER accept the fact I have a good working relationship ( to bring up our daughter, mitigating the broken home factor) or working friendship with my EX ( even if they somehow do, their families brain wash them) and all of them fear I will leave them and go back to my ex. Without understanding that I broke up for a reason and I won't ever go back to bieng a couple. But cest la vie, unless they go through that, I guess they can't appreciate where I come from it sadly. I don't understand why they need to be so insecure.

• Sadly its all too common bud

• Never seriously date a single mother. Fuck it, have a friends with benefits deal, but nothing else. Single mothers tend to be chronical bad decision makers. There's a reason they're raising a child alone.

Also, do you feel like raising another man's bastard? Know your worth.

0|1
    1|1
    • I understand your opinion sir even tho i find it a bit harsh

a lot of things can happen between a couple so that it won't be good for anyone including the child

But i dont meen to disrespect your opinion thank you for sharing sir 😊

• Show All
    • Sorry i didn't meen any disrespect 😊

• I was a bit cautious at first when I started dating my fiance because he had a son and I had never dated anyone with children before.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would have to depend on how the child is raised, what's the relationship with the mother and so on.
    But it wouldn't be an instant deal breaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dont mind at all. Just gives more of a topic. Plus children are amazing

1|1
    0|0
  • When I met my ex, i met his son the same time (his brother was marrying my cousin). We dated for 4 years after that, I even became good friends with his child's mother.
    I dont see it as a problem. Given the age that i am now, its harder to find someone that doesn't have those things vs those that do.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really doesn't matter to me, as I have a child of my own. When I like a person, I make it a point to like their children too. It isn't their fault their parents didn't stay together, and they shouldn't be a reason for their parents to not be able to find happiness with somebody new.

0|0
    0|0
    • I like that prespective thank you for sharing 😊

• Very unlikely I would date a guy with kids because I don't like kids at all

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a son that's in my life and I don't mind kids and they usually keep better conversations

0|1
    0|0
  • I would not as the child mother or father would create drama for us

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for your answer 😊

I understand the potential for conflict there but it does not always lead to that 😜

But you are rigth it greatly increases the likelyhood of it happening 😊

Thanks for sharing

• Its cool as long as the father wasn't a thug or piece of shit. If he had a good job, provided financially, and spent time with them everything is good. But, if she had unprotected sex with a piece if crap its a deal breaker. You are who you fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • It used to be a deal breaker for me. I'm still less likely to get involved with someone who has a child. Still, if I really like him and his kid and ex aren't trouble I'd give it a chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to consider it an automatic no.
    Hated kids.

Then I dated a single mom and changed my mind. It was so rewarding answering weird questions the kids came up with. Taking them places. Playing silly games with them...
    And then when we broke up (she dumped me) she used them as a weapon against me. Kept telling be how disappointed they were to hear I wouldn't be around. etc.
    And I'm sure they added complications to the break up on her end too.

... So now I'm really not sure where I stand on the issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 22 years old and prefer someone around my own age. If the he a child then that's assuming she has I even earlier than her current age. Poor decision making.

Not only that but I hate kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the baby daddy is in prison or some kinda loser then no. That says a lot about the women. But if it’s one of those things where marriage just didn’t work out then i don’t see a problem there

0|0
    0|0
    • Thats a fair prespective thank you for sharing 😊

• Well dating her doesn't matter to me.
    But more than that i have to think about it at that time when the situation will occur.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not much interest. They wouldn't be able to focus as much on the relationship and I wouldn't want to be a babysitter

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for sharing sir 😊

Understandably dating a parent is a lot harder because children need a lot of focus and attention so i understand your opinion well thank you 😊

• I would have no problem dating a woman who has a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never date someone with a child. That would just cause drama.

0|0
    0|0
  • would never date a single mother. not a risk i'm willing to take

0|0
    0|0
  • Wudnt be an issue. Im a dad myself

0|1
    0|0
  • Thank you but no thank you

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date with such a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Less likely

0|0
    0|0
  • ew no

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not interested in women with children.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't do it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's kinda weird

0|0
    0|0
  • 10000000000000% less likely! I'm wayyyy to young to be a dad, let alone a step dad

0|0
    0|0
  • If the father AND his mom are 100% out of the picture and if the kid is at least 4 years away from hitting puberty.
    4 years is what would be needed to get accepted by the child.

0|0
    0|0
    • If his father and his mom are 100% out of the picture? Do u intend on adopting the child? I dont understand completely

• I’ve dated a guy with a child, and it didn’t matter to me - the only problem was that his baby mama didn’t like me being with him, she was still in love with him and that makes it difficult considering how much they’re in each other’s life.. so in the future I’d probably stay away from drama like that, but that was obviously not the child’s fault so that’s not a factor - more the relationship the guy has with the mother

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for sharing 😊

Yes it can be difficult especially when the ex does not respect the boundraries

Hope all is well now or works out well for you in the future 😊

• I'm kinda stuck between makes no difference to, in favour of.
    Reason being that currently, I'm single, have a good job but I have no purpose.
    If I met an SO without children that'd be great as we'd have all our time together. But if they had kids, then I'd feel like I'd have more of a long term (as in beyond my life span) goal to aim for.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thats a nice prespective thank you for sharing sir 😊

• You're welcome 😊

• Less likely. Children are a huge responsibility, and much work, and the mother will be tired at many times and won't have time at other times. Parenting is not where I should be right now in my life, but dating a mom would either lead to nothing or to me being involved with the kid.
    Children don't just pop out of thin air, there's a reason why a single mom is a single mom. Was she just promiscuous? Did a couple get a baby without being fully committed to it? That includes staying together during hard times for the baby's sake. One should be 100% committed to raising a baby if one gets a baby. And if she has sex, she has to be ready that it means that a baby could be made. Yes, they could have taken every precaution, had a stable relationship and the father died in an accident, but that's improbable.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your answer i understand your prespective sir even tho i disagree myself i understand where you are coming from and you make some valid points sir 😊

• I know that there are still things to criticize about what I wrote. But including most reasons, possibilities and details would fill several pages.

Are you a single father?

• I am a single father yes,
      i didn't meen to critizise im just looking at the different opinions people have,
      people are different and have different likes and dislikes its not for me to judge 😊

• Never

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes