So what is your opion on dating someone with a child?

Would you be less or more likely to date a guy that has a child from a previous relationship, or does it not matter that much to you, lets hear from both the ladies and the gents here just for curiosities sake,

Fellas would you date a mom more likely less likely dont matter
Share your thougths 😊
  • More likely
  • Less likely
  • Dont matter
    Vote C
  • Im a unicorn
    Vote D

1625

Most Helpful Girl

• Depending on the situation, I can sway between doesn't matter and less likely. I would first observe his relationship with his child and mother of the child, to determine the potential value he holds as a parent and partner. Did they end on good terms? is he super bitter about the separation? or was he possibly widowed? does he show genuine affection to his child, or does he use custody as a tool against the mother? many single parents are actually very nurturing and loyal people, they just happened to have a relationship that didn't work for one reason or another. But what is the reason? that is the important question. I'd get to know him and his child first, and I would understand that many a single father will always place his kid first... and so would I!

I don't have kids of my own but I think that they are super important and need much consideration in any potential relationship because they don't have much of a choice in the legal sense. I guess what I'm saying is to carefully observe & know what your getting into before making any decisions/harsh judgements. Many single moms/dads deserve a second chance. Kids can be especially affected by someone new in their parent's life, and they deserve to be happy just as much as the mom/dad.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on how ready I am for a child, and how I'll feel about my own children. It's 'less likely' for me because, for instance, I will probably want to be a biological father to my children. But, that's not to say I can't fall head over heels for someone who is already a mother and have more children. Really depends on how the circumstances work out.