He’s interested in me but he doesn’t text me very often?

I’ve been friends with this guy for years, we both never mentioned feelings to each other because we both thought we were friendzoned until we discussed it one day and realised there was more there. We are long distance but we both travel for work and can easily travel to each other. When he’s travelling away for work somewhere he tends to text me every day, otherwise it can be hit and miss.

Sometimes he can disappear for a few weeks the next start texting me again. We did have the talk, we plan on dating when I see him in a couple of weeks, and he’s told me he is not looking for something casual with me. Whenever we talk he seems to ‘joke’ about marriage at least once (less jokes more statements ‘we will be married next year’ etc) and we have been friends for years. He’s in my area for work in a couple of weeks but he’s visiting a week earlier to come and see me before he starts.

But otherwise his texting is really hit and miss? Sometimes it’s all the time other times it’s once every couple of weeks. Despite all he’s doing, is he not interested? I thought guys want to talk all the time when they like a girl. He’s texting me the same amount as he did when we were close friends so I don’t know if I’m being paranoid or not. We are not dating or together yet

02