Should I tell him I don't know how to drive?

I am 23. I don't drive because of a horrible accident where my friend lost her life. I've gone to driving lessons but I feel very tense. I never dated many guys and have zero experience in the dating scene. This guy recently chased me and asked me for my number but he keeps asking me to dinner and since I am embarrassed I don't drive I have not met up with him. Should I be honest with him and tell him I don't know how to drive? I am afraid this might be a turn off for him? Any advice thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• yo... stop lying to people period. why is that even a question in your mind. he's not going to care if you don't know how to drive... no one's going to explode.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m 20 I know how to drive a little I just don’t because of so many accidents that has happened. But better learn now face your fears you’ll get it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Why would he care if you didn't know how to drive?

If someone was that hung up on something that in the large scheme of things doesn't make that much difference, are they really worth the time?

0|0
    0|0
  • Uber is your friend.

Just tell him that you didn't use the car. He will be very very happy and drive you home.

Or just call Uber and flee if he didn't turn out right.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its going to work you'll have to tell him eventually, you should do it soon before he thinks you just aren't interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be honest with him. I have dated a women that didn't drive so it can work.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you and it wouldn't be a turn off if I tell him my sister will drop me off?

• Show All
    • It will not matter how you get there as long as you're there for him.

• If he is a good guy and not a tool

• Yeah just be honest, maybe he will offer to pick you up.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the guy likes you, he's not going to care.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him that you dont drive

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should any rational person will understand

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes