Guys/girls.. I always feel disgusting?

I literally try so hard not to hate on myself. But for some reason I feel like I will never ever be like anybody else. All the girls my age are gorgeous. I’m not. Only weird older men compliment me, and sometimes other girls my age. But I can never believe it. I look SOOOO horrible in photos (dark circles, a tiny bit of dark acne spots, my nose is weird/long but smallish from the front and my nostrils flare out a teeny bit (surgery not an option), I hate my full lips also.) it might sound like I’m unappreciative or ungrateful but that’s not true. I try to embrace my qualities but I end up crying bc I know I’m just trying to make myself feel better. I have really bad anxiety as well and I’m A bit ocd so maybe that’s why I’m like this. But I don’t want to spend my whole life worrying about the way I look. before you tell me to do something with my life, I DO. I’m active, I go out a lot, but this just kills my vibe. I really hate my nose especially. I feel like it just ruins my face. I have a bump on my right side, but from the left side it looks straight. I even feel bad about showing my right side to people in class.. also I’ve never had a boyfriend or a guy my age compliment me. Even though I know this doesn’t matter, it would still help.. I’m tired of being an outcast

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl same. as much as people tell me I'm pretty I still think that everybody knows I'm ugly and call me pretty from sympathy. I even have a whole story made up in my head about it. here it goes.

I was born earl. 3 months early and when I came out I was ugly, the doctors and nurses were mortified. I was the ugliest baby in the world! I was soon put on the news all over the world and everybody knew of the ugly baby. people felt so much sympathy and sadness for the ugly premature baby and the world signed a petition to call her beautiful her whole life because it's the least they could do for an ugly baby.

(I know I have problems)

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are young and dont need to worry too much about this. Aside from that i doubt you look as bad as you think. We are our worst critics.

See a counselor and talk to them about your situation. I know they helped me.

0|1
    0|0
    • I tried. It really made things worse. I don’t think. I can be helps

• Show All
    • Did you follow me? Cause if you did i can try to message you.

• I followed

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Wtf wrong with you people, at your age we were only thinking about exams, college scholarship, future career, then college - studying 12 hrs a day, homework another 6 hrs. Plus spontaneous short jobs like teaching kids math, spreading ads brochures on the streets. And meanwhile we had time to fock somebody from dusk till dawn and go to study in the morning without sleep.

0|0
    1|0
    • You can still feel ugly while doing all those things.

• Show All
    • Yeah u are so old, you know

• I just disagreed with the artist and music stars statement

• Wow, I feel the same sometimes too. Actually all the time. I have acne, I have a big nose hump, I'm a bit fat. Everybody calls me ugly. I might have the same nose as you, but I have a nosehump on BOTH sides. I too look DISGUSTING in photos. I have no pic of myself on my Insta. I ALWAYS appreciate and Thank God for what I have. I am a big fan of Michael Jackson and he was so kind, nice and appreciative, and I always try to do the same. But it always makes me angry and upset. I always think girls look at me cuz they like me. They are sometimes shy and nervous around me. I always see girls look at me but none talk to me. They think I'm weird and sometimes move away from me. They probably look at me all the time because they can't believe all the acne I have or how I am the most ugliest person ever. But I just go with the flow and believe whatever I want and whatever makes me happy. I always say, "Yes that girl likes you, you are NOT ugly." But I don't know. I am always appreciative and thankful. Everytime I say, "Why me?" I always close that off right away and say how I'm thankful for everything. Helps sometimes. I feel you, sister.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not going to disregard your anxiety like a lot of other men do. I will say that guys tend to change their preference once they leave highschool due to a lack of peer pressure.

One of my exes felt the same. She went on to do modeling for a bit before getting into medical school.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well if I was able to embrace my slavic nose and my shortness I have hope that you one day can also embrace things you might not like with yourself!

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you haha!! I’ll try. I mean, my mother and aunt have such perfect noses.. I’m mixed so I took my Mediterranean side

• No matter what people say on here you're the one that has to learn to love the way you look.
    Just because you have never had a boyfriend does not mean any thing. You could be a super model and still be down on your self. Just give it time ( yes I know that hard) that's what it's going to take.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am disgusted with my whole existence. I hate how i look, especially my teeth.. The dentist said that it it caused by a trauma when i plucked it out when i was 7-8 years old and when my permanent teeth starts growing, it became yellow so i became more & more disgusted with myself

0|0
    0|0
    • Are you talking about yellow teeth? Because yellow teeth are normal. If it really bothers you you can get them whitend.

• I agre

• I agree*

• You just need to find a bf! Trust me, you're fine! You just feel lonely and you blame it on your looks. Ugly people have sex all the time. Just get out there! Find a mate!😂

0|0
    0|0
  • The compliments of "weird old men" are the most valuabe you can get. They have seen more female faces than there are female students in your school ever since. They have an adult sense for appeal. That's what you'ill be interested in as soon as it is relevant for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • This feeling literally happens to everyone, please don't feel alone. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Here are some reasons why:
    1) When Lily James arrived to audition for Disney’s new live-action movie “Cinderella,” she intended only to try out for the role of ugly stepsister.
    2) What you see isn't always what everyone else sees. As individuals, we tend to focus on our worst traits while outsiders see and notice our best traits. UNTIL we point it out.
    3) Things that nobody has, makes us unique. It becomes part of our strengths.
    4) Even if you did try to achieve perfection... "You could be the ripest, juciest peach in the world and there is still going to be people who hate peaches" - Dita Von Tease.
    5) If we focus on what we hate or dislike... That is all we are ever going to think about, that will be the only reality in life that we will ever experience if we allow it.

1|0
    0|0
  • ... like the old saying goes I cried because I had no shoes until I saw the man with no feet. My dear, be thankful for who you are. God gives us weaknesses so that we may be humble. If you are humble before God and have faith in Him, he will make weak things become strong. Don't worry about the things you have no control over. Be yourself and be grateful for all your have, even those things that seem to be less appealing in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • This isn't about your looks, it's about your attitude. Get some help with it.
    Look for the other thread here about the 10 celebrities and what they look like without makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • You ever hear the saying there is someone for everyone? Stop putting yourself down someone will notice your beauty

1|0
    0|0
  • Number one no one is ever like anyone else male or female find you be proud of that

0|0
    0|0
  • Bytheway if you really, and I mean really don't like how you look, you can change it. Of course it depence on what you want to 'change'. Something like blemshing on the skin are easy (probaly just a change in diet). Facelayout, peace of cake (just a little bit of make-up and I real mean a little, search for a tutorial). What I want to say with this is that you can change (and not just mentally), but it depence on IF you really want to change and what you are willing to pay for it (like less junkfood for the skin thing).

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone will find you beautiful, it will happen... Stop beating yourself up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe try to learn how to do makeup and get good at contouring so you can make your nose look different? I’m not trying to sound shallow or make you feel as if the way you look isn’t good enough, I just mean that it might help you feel more confident in yourself if you like the way you look.

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand , thank you for your input!! But it looks fine from the front, just the side has a bump

• Try searching up videos online that show you ow to contour to change the appearance of your side profile. And no problem!

• But I think it’s just me tbh. Everyone says my nose looks fine. It’s just the right side that I’m self concious about

• Girl you and I are together in this, I've only had old creepy guys complement me, never anyone my age, they don't look at me twice. I also have acne scars and like a short chin that makes me so self conscious because I look so ugly from the side. I also have crooked teeth but I don't let any of that define me, I know eventually I will find someone who loves me for me. It just might take longer then most people. I know you aren't ugly and I also know I'm not ugly.
    I also have full lips and I love them, I've heard guys also like full lips, it makes kissing that much better.

0|0
    0|0
    • Omgggg!! How old are you? 18/19?

• I feel like we have a lot in common because your age is under 18 (i'm 17) & you say you have anxiety which I also do. Let me tell you that loving yourself is not easy for anyone, regardless of what anyone says we all have things that if we could change about ourselves then we would. The truth is we have to learn to accept ourselves, i know that is typical for people to say because that used to be exactly what I thought but it's so true! Learn to embrace what makes you different because one day that will be your significant other favorite thing about you! For example all of my life i hated the beauty mark i had above my top lip, i never knew exactly why i just hated it so so much. Then one day this guy i always thought was super cute started talking to me & we became friends and eventually started dating, he told me the firs thing he thought when he saw me was how adorable and unique my beauty mark was. Things like that made me realize how much everyone judges our personal selves too much and too hard. Nobody will care about our physical features they way we do to ourselves. Hope this helped & just be sure to always keep your head up and smile.

0|1
    0|0
    • I’m also 17!!

• Show All
    • I feel like it’s not just my appearance.. like is there something wrong with me in general

• Worst feeling ever

• It is common for girls under the age of 18 to feel insecure. No matter how "gorgeous" a person is, the person will never feel satisfied. It is only about accepting the way you are.

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s been like this for a while

• I HATE THAT IM ONLY 5'6 be thankful to god ur not a short guy im like a muscular dwarf :(

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m a girl in case u didn’t notice 😂😂😂but I’m shorter than you so any guy taller than me is fine.

• Show All
    • It’s okay you’ll grow up

• Did u already follow?

Recommended myTakes