My boyfriend offered to pay for our holiday - I feel weird about it, what should I do?

We are going on our first trip together and all of a sudden he has offered to pay for my half of the flight and hotel, it was going to cost about $1500 - to me it’s a hell lot of money, but was willing to spend it because it’s our holiday.

I only recently started earning again after losing my job and while I only earn 1/10th of what he earns (he’s a banker), he suggested that my half of the money should go towards far more important things in my life than a holiday, such as learning to drive (I’ve had a fear of driving since my car accident many years ago) and that he would rather I use the money for something much more beneficial to my own life.

I feel a bit weird about it because he didn’t even say to pay him back. I’m sure $1500 is very small to him, but that’s almost my monthly salary. It was his suggestion to go on holiday and the destination as well.

What should I do? I feel bad for saying ok to his gesture because no one has ever offered like that.

03