What is considered dressing modest and immodest?

If there’s anything o don’t entirley understand, it’s what modest and immodest means. There was a time where showing your ankle was immodest.

I just realized that the shirt I’m currently wearing is a low cut and it shows some boob (I have small ones). It didn’t hit me till I was trying to take a picture of myself and I noticed a little cleavage. Is that bad?

i just never totally understood it. Like some people see that a girl is wearing skinny jeans and a crop top that stops just right above the belly button and they see that as immodest. I don’t get it

07

Most Helpful Guy

• So in my opinion Modest dress is dependent on the situation you're in. If you are going to your grandmas for instance are you going to wear a low cut t-shirt and booty shorts? I would hope not! or if you are in any generic situation such as going out to Walmart; you will be encountering many people while you are there so to dress respectfully is to respect your own body. I would recommend you wear things that aren't perceived as sexy by men and yourself. To be a modest dresser is to not draw attention to yourself. Drawing attention to yourself is prideful and wrong in my opinion. To me the most attractive girls are the ones who dont wear tons of make up or dress themselves in order to be sexy. Girls who respect themselves are the best and tend to be the sweetest and most feminine, In conclusion Modesty is to be feminine and to respect your body.