What is considered dressing modest and immodest?

If there’s anything o don’t entirley understand, it’s what modest and immodest means. There was a time where showing your ankle was immodest.

I just realized that the shirt I’m currently wearing is a low cut and it shows some boob (I have small ones). It didn’t hit me till I was trying to take a picture of myself and I noticed a little cleavage. Is that bad?

i just never totally understood it. Like some people see that a girl is wearing skinny jeans and a crop top that stops just right above the belly button and they see that as immodest. I don’t get it

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So in my opinion Modest dress is dependent on the situation you're in. If you are going to your grandmas for instance are you going to wear a low cut t-shirt and booty shorts? I would hope not! or if you are in any generic situation such as going out to Walmart; you will be encountering many people while you are there so to dress respectfully is to respect your own body. I would recommend you wear things that aren't perceived as sexy by men and yourself. To be a modest dresser is to not draw attention to yourself. Drawing attention to yourself is prideful and wrong in my opinion. To me the most attractive girls are the ones who dont wear tons of make up or dress themselves in order to be sexy. Girls who respect themselves are the best and tend to be the sweetest and most feminine, In conclusion Modesty is to be feminine and to respect your body.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• What time period are you talking about? 500 years ago, what we dress normally now would be scandalous! Women in pants? Visible body shape? You would make a prostitute blush with some of more edgy clothes.

500 years into the future? Not sure. Maybe we'll wear something.

0|0
    0|0
  • It kinda depends on where you come from. Showing skin in the middle east is not done while in the united states of america you can almost walk naked and nobody would care. In my opinion a little bit cleavage is ok but it shouldn't be too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Modest is not wearing revealing clothing. A girl just wears casual clothes instead of flowy "show off my body" clothes.

Immodest is low cut dresses, small shorts and clothes that are revealing.

0|0
    0|0
  • A little goes a long way. Best rule and safest is, if you have to ask, them its probably immodest.

But side boob, nipple, move than 25% cleavage is probably immodest.

0|0
    0|0
  • What you described is not what I would consider bad... modest and immodest are subjective terms... it depends on your culture and societal values...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all about how you're raised some people think showing any skin is immodest. But to me a bathing suit at an inappropriate setting is.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes