How do breaks work and should I give her a valentine’s present?

She wants a break because she’s been feeling depressed for more than a year (we’ve been dating for 3 months). She told me that when she’s with me she actually feels happy and that she wants our relationship to work, but what troubles her is that I can express my love towards her and she can’t express her love towards me (she’s a pretty serious girl). Now here’s the tricky part she said she wants a break to get her stuff together and explicitly said that it’s not a break up. I don’t know how breaks work because from my experiences with them they were just a way to break up without actually saying “break up”. It got to the point where I started using “let’s take a break” to break up with some of my exes. I don’t know what to make of the situation I’m just sad because I feel like we broke up because she couldn’t even look at me while passing down the hall, but then she tells me she saw an old friend of ours as if nothing happened. I actually want it to work, but I don’t understand anything that’s happening. I don’t even know if to give her a valentine’s gift or not

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• From how you have described her I think when she says break she genuinely means just a break not necessarily a permanent break up, just give her some time to get her head straight and see what happens, on the gift part I think if you care about her and want to get her something than sure why not get her a gift

0|1
    0|0
  • Just love her the way you feel, get her flowers and some notes, you dated her, you should know her favourite food to get when she's feeling sad, flowers that makes her smile, hobbies that makes her forget who she is, and be the person she'd feel safe and happy with. Don't be the guy that only say "are you okay?" "what's wrong?" "I'm here for you" all these texts means nothing. You have to be there with her, take actions and be committed to her 100% because actions really speak louder than words.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes