Why do I seem to be attracted to some characteristics in some people but the same characteristics not in others?

For example, I have an ex who is cocky and completely overbearing. In him, I love it, but I haven't yet met another guy in whom I've liked it.

714

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you share an emotional attachment to him that supercedes his cocky demeanor and therefore you tolerate that behaviors in him despite finding that behaviour despicable in its own regard.

Most Helpful Girl

• No one man is the same there was obviously something very intriguing about your ex maybe everybody else just seems to be arrogant about it

• Yes, intriguing. That he was :)

• That's awesome. I'm happy for you, Uni :)

• Thank you and at the end of your journey I wish you all the happiness