Why do I seem to be attracted to some characteristics in some people but the same characteristics not in others?

For example, I have an ex who is cocky and completely overbearing. In him, I love it, but I haven't yet met another guy in whom I've liked it.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you share an emotional attachment to him that supercedes his cocky demeanor and therefore you tolerate that behaviors in him despite finding that behaviour despicable in its own regard.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No one man is the same there was obviously something very intriguing about your ex maybe everybody else just seems to be arrogant about it

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, intriguing. That he was :)

• Show All
    • That's awesome. I'm happy for you, Uni :)

• Thank you and at the end of your journey I wish you all the happiness

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Because not only are youbattracted toward his personality you're attracted to his looks also

1|0
    0|0
    • You might have a point there

• Show All
    • because you chose to be in a relationship with someone that doesn't feel secure with you going without them so it turns into a fight and sometimes it turns to worse This is why selfishness kills relationships because people tend to only think about themselves. Everyone is different and your best to be with someone that has a lot of the same interest as you so in a way you're being picky but for good reason

• Domt know why my paragraph got cut

• because it was the person that was carrying it that was interesting. not the actual characteristic

1|0
    0|0
  • You're trying to fit too many similar seeming people in one stereotype thus leaving yourself disappointed when you realize they don't exactly fit in the mold you've made for them

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the chemistry and probably the way he goes about it that turns you on. The others are, I'm sure, just not your type. There is maybe a similarity in their being cocky and strutting their stuff, but he has something they just "Ain't Got" !

0|0
    0|0
  • Because its not the trait you're attracted to, it's the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s the whole package you’re attracted to. I’m the same way.

0|0
    0|0
  • He set a standard you measure other men by, that being said he's an ex, so apparently that standard is flawed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mmmm it's that combination of elements that matter. One aspect alone won't be liked if other elements are out of sync or missing

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people we just hate no matter what they do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people wear their personality traits well and some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • He was probably really sexy, hey? That's probably why

0|0
    0|0
  • Because nothing women do is consistent or makes any kind of logical sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably seems fake in others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you like the bad boy.

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't only attract these features

0|0
    0|0
  • Your biased?