Is it normal to want to stay single for the rest of your life?

I’m 21 and I genuinely think I’ve come to the decision that I want to stay single, a virgin and have no children for the rest of my life. Does anyone else feel this way? Is this normal? I tried researching on this topic but I couldn’t really find anything, which makes me think it isn’t normal.

29

Most Helpful Guy

• it happens, it's not THE norm but it's a normal though not often made decision. I've had these thoughts before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you’re asexual? That’s not normal but not weird or unusual either... just different 🤷‍♀️

• Finally a wise comment ! "That's not normal" I'd rather say it's rare.

To respond to the asker : don't worry at all you're not wrong. Most of peoples can't even think about staying single (and even worse about not having sex !) but it doesn't mean you should fit in. Be yourself as long as you are happy ;) .
      (If you're bored of closed minded persons and wanna speak a bit feel free to mp me)

• @Dariien you’re right—that’s a better word!

• I know I’m heterosexual, but it’s good to know it’s not unusual.