Is it normal to want to stay single for the rest of your life?

I’m 21 and I genuinely think I’ve come to the decision that I want to stay single, a virgin and have no children for the rest of my life. Does anyone else feel this way? Is this normal? I tried researching on this topic but I couldn’t really find anything, which makes me think it isn’t normal.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• it happens, it's not THE norm but it's a normal though not often made decision. I've had these thoughts before.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you’re asexual? That’s not normal but not weird or unusual either... just different 🤷‍♀️

0|1
    0|0
    • Finally a wise comment ! "That's not normal" I'd rather say it's rare.

To respond to the asker : don't worry at all you're not wrong. Most of peoples can't even think about staying single (and even worse about not having sex !) but it doesn't mean you should fit in. Be yourself as long as you are happy ;) .
      (If you're bored of closed minded persons and wanna speak a bit feel free to mp me)

• @Dariien you’re right—that’s a better word!

• I know I’m heterosexual, but it’s good to know it’s not unusual.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I used to think that at your age.

Then this guy pursued me, I fell for him, fucked him, now I'm marrying him.

If it feels right accept it but don't let singlehood and inexperience make you feel like it's your only option.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not really normal. I'd maybe talk to a therapist about why you feel like you want to be alone and not find company. Honestly, I don't think you will think that way even just in 1 year. Everyone else is out there having fun and having sex whilst you're missing out on company and friendship at the very least.

0|0
    0|1
  • I totally understand the having no kids part but staying a virgin? I don't understand that. Plus you're gonna feel lonely eventually and once you're old you're gonna want some kids to put you in a home with some sweet ass honeys to keep you going.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are a lot of people who feel that way. Find other interests and get involved in other things, and you won't have to worry about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think because those people end up killing themselves.

0|0
    0|1
  • It is normal think like that but don't hesitate your decision you're young and have a lot of time... But I don't know anyone that haven't enjoy sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you want to say virgin?
    I understand all the other things but staying virgin?

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes