1 y

Anybody with braces experience?

So I’ve been to a few clinics and I’m terrified. My teeth are pretty straight, I just have a gap and a pretty big overbite. Also, my lateral incisors are smaller than they should be. The orthodontists told me that I needed braces , then veneers to fill in the tiny gaps that would remain bc of my small incisors. Today I went to a different dentist, and she told me that I might need a frenectomy (removal of the frenum, the part that bonds the top of your gums to your lip) and I totally refused. I don’t want to do that no matter what. Apparently the gap might come back after braces. So I was thinking to get a permanent bonded retainer and/or veneers on my two front teeth, but I don’t know if this is worth it. I don’t want to ruin my teeth forever (esp my two front teeth). Getting veneers mean they grind your teeth until they’re pretty small, and fill them in with porcelain. I don’t trust that. I also don’t want my gap to come back. Anyone with experience, please share. I would only do veneers for my incisors.
Anybody with braces experience?
Add Opinion