1 y

Is it wrong to decline friendship to my ex after she dumped me?

Basically my ex dumped me a month ago we still tried to work things out by becoming friends with benefits. We had sex a couple times and went out. A week ago she started to become distant and not wanting to have sex or even kiss me. We work in the same place and she would even kiss me there , but suddenly stopped. Then I ask her what’s wrong and she tells me that she just doesn’t love me as she used to and that it was a bad idea to be friends with benefits. So she said to just stay friends. I of course declined because I don’t want anything less than a romantic relationship and I respect myself and feel that I deserve a woman that loves me. I told her that I don’t agree to staying friends so, I am walking away and not looking back, but if she ever changes her mind she can give me a call or text me. I hate that she dumped me because I did everything I could to make her happy and her two kids. I stopped doing a lot of things and stopped hanging out with friends because of that. So am I wrong for rejecting friendship from her? I don’t want to end up in the friend zone. I was dumb enough to stay there in the past with other girls and I got hurt, but not this time. I’m walking away, even if it hurts...
2
2