• Yes, It is
    Vote A
  • No, It isn't
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• No, modern smart tech is eroding social interaction as a whole. No one wants anything "real" anymore, because that takes time. They want it right now, and they want it to be the very best, as their smart phones have trained them to expect.

1|5
    0|0
    • I know right. It's so sad, but that is indeed the case.

• @dragonfly6516 Yes, I totally agree. People don't go anywhere anymore. Everything is done online. I see people on "dates" and instead of interacting they're both on their phones. People "hang out" online rather than go somewhere and talk in person.

Most Helpful Guy

• No that is a silly idea. Just because you meet online doesn't mean that romance is out the window. I have brought flowers and chocolates to every first date I have ever been on both women I met online and off. Online just helps you narrow the candidates it doesn't change how you treat them. If your saying yes to this your in for a rude awakening that people with out the internet are just as lazy and unromantic 90% of the time. A romantic guy or girl will always be a romantic guy or girl how you meet them is not a factor in that.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• It's tough to say.
    Especially considering how online dating gained most of it's popularity not that long after the whole notion of dating just do date (versus dating people only if you saw lt potential in them) also gained a lot of popularity.

The definition of what could be 'romantic' also changed as a result. Sweet texts from your s/o, snuggling up in front of the TV and watching romances on Netflix, etc..

0|1
    0|0
  • When you're shy and not particularly social, online dating is the BEST because it's allowed me to actually get to the point where I can go out with someone. I've had some wonderful experiences with people I met online and some less memorable ones - just as I would have if I were to meet someone in real life.

0|3
    0|0
  • I think so... yea.

I think it gives a select few guys WAY too many options while throwing the average guy under the bus. I've been desperate trying to find a guy who's my equal or greater education wise but I simply can't. All the guys who hold like a masters degree or more are even bigger fuckboys (because they can) than let's say the average joe

0|2
    0|0
  • Whenever I tried a dating app, the guys seemed to only want a quick hook up instead of trying to get to know one another for a potential long term thing.

3|3
    0|0
    • I wouldn't agree to that since not all people are like that.

• Show All
    • Then I don't know what to tell you. Also, why not Ross? he is the smartest one, he has a PhD. Also he is the most romantic/idealistic. He got married four times. He had the most serious long term relationships out of the entire group.

• @shephardjhon He was too intense for me. Also he's judgmental, condescending, whiny, and irrationally jealous. Even though he got married, he kept pining over one woman, and even said the wrong name at his own wedding!

I mean, I find the character funny, but if I put myself in that situation, that's not the type of partner I'd want. I like a good sense of humor and more chill. I know Chandler had some depression and all that but by the end he seemed happy.

• If you have no option for getting to know someone in 'normal' situations... Online romance is what you get 😉

0|1
    0|0
  • Technology makes people lazy to do anything romantic.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think hookup culture and fwbs are doing more damage. It might enable both those though

0|2
    0|0
  • 100% yes...

1|1
    0|1
  • I think so.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah. Insignificance of relationships is.

0|1
    0|0
    • Which dating sites contribute to... so...

• @KiinHoann yeah it kind of is. Relationships become insignificant when dating becomes easier and marrying becomes harder. Both are inversely related.

• Not sure I've never dated anyone I met online

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• Romance is kind of a dumb word when you think about it... romance can happen at any point and time in a "romantic" relationship, hence the romantic part. It's purely up to the individuals involved. Meeting someone online vs meeting them in real life wouldn't prevent romance from occurring. Considering romance also has to do with loving someone already, I would hope there's no romance on the first to the third date...
    Just my 2 cents.

1|1
    0|0
    • Lmao, I so agree. Tbh, I get really suspisicous when the guy is really romantic from the start ahah... I keep thinking "there's no way he can be this romantic, he's just putting up a front or when the magic dies he'll sizzle out"

The best kind of romance is the kind that doesn't start until u really feel the connection and is a tiny gesture that is found here and there throughout the relationship. Keeps it sizzling and rekindles the feelings

• I'd agree with @sparklepop. i feel like other things erode romance. online dating is just a different avenue to meet people. how people act after meeting (romantically or otherwise) is on the individuals

i met my now wife via online dating and there is certainly no lack of romance. i know others similar to myself. then i know those who use online dating or apps as a method to hook up and in the way they use it there is little to no romance

0|1
    0|0
  • www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-crossed(c).gif

Naaaaa, I don't really think so. Dating culture has definitely changed but it's not that bad. "Romance" is simply being redefined.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its contributing to it. I've tried that for a few years and women never really wanted to do anything. Most of the profiles I came across were either strange to me (poly) or seemed not all there (multiple psuedo terms for their gender identity that made me pass).

0|2
    0|0
  • I think it is... dating is about getting to know someone, and all the fun little quirks that go along with that. Online dating takes mystery out of the equation, but it's mystery at the wrong end. People are rejecting each other over stupid and silly things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Heck no. What does romance have to do with first dates? Most people that aren’t doing a blind date meet in a bar or a club or at work. Nothing about any of those things is romantic in the least bit. Romance comes with love. No love? No romance.

0|1
    0|0
  • no i think it's just another way romance can be had. i mean is it really neccessary to meet someone in person in a time where you can be litterally on the other side of the world in a matter of hours?

0|1
    0|0
    • i mean meet them first in person xD obviously meeting them to date would still be important.

• Romance is all about communicating and putting effort into the relationship. That has zero to do with how you meet a person.

Online dating has it's benefits, choosing what you want from profiles, staying what you're looking for etc... but, women still get flooded with way too many replies and don't often take the time to read all of them and answer. Which is a negative for both the woman trying to filter the crap from the genuine, and the genuine guys who are overlooked in the sheer volume of guys who are basically spamming for easy scores.

But, online dating itself doesn't have any causal relationship with somebody being romantic or not.

0|2
    0|0
  • Romance will remain but very hard to conjure it up in the gynocentric online dating scene. When guys are basically competing against one another just for a chance for a date.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it makes it easier to hook up with people but it takes the romance out of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • People are being lazy. They want things to happen but don't want to put the work in.

0|1
    0|0
  • Met my ex online and we had a long-term relationship...

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it has enhanced it

0|1
    0|0
  • I met my girlfriend off a dating site

1|4
    0|0
  • Yes i believe it is..

0|1
    0|0
  • yes it def is

0|1
    0|0
  • Possibly, but if so I feel not terribly.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, just makes dating more awkward.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not directly

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. Romance is gross anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's dumb.