1 y

What is going on? Confused?

So I've been talking a guy for 5-6 months now. In the beginning it was just sex. I caught feelings. And told him how I felt, he said we were just friends. It turned into a friends with benefits situation for the longest time. Prior to me, he was dating a girl who had sex with his friend. He changed his whole life around after that and became close to me. He has given me a 100 mixed singals. I've asked him what he felt for me before he said I was a friend and thats all id ever be. We have spent weeks together. He works away but is currently off work, and we have spent about 3 weeks together. I've slept at his house almost every night, we dont always have sex. We play, cook together, watch tv, clean his house. Im close with his family now as well. I've recently asked what he's felt for me again and he said "youre my safe place"
He has been so different with me lately. Before, we didn't touch much. Only for sex. Now he's randomly kissing me all the time. Kissing my forehead. Hugging me, cuddling me more. Rubbing my back. It sounds silly, but the other day when he kissed my forehead i was very surprised as he's never done that before. He was never this affectionate with me. He randomly kisses me all the time lately. Im treated just like a girlfriend but there's no real commitment. We say " love you " almost every night. Although im the one who says it first usually, he has said it a few times on his own. I got cranky with him the other day. And he showed up at my house. I wasn't home but he texted and said he came by to say sorry. He doesn't seem to be good with words, so im trying to read into all these actions. He has also bought me little things. He went on a trip and brought me home something. When i try to talk to him about liking me or whatever he makes jokes saying "i didn't bring anyone else home anything from my trip" but doesn't overly give me a direct response. Is this turning into a relationship?
What is going on? Confused?
1
1