1 y

Don’t have feelings for anyone anymore... Is this a phase or what is going on? I don’t want to be disconnected and heartless?

I’m 23. I’ve had really crappy experiences in dating, never have felt in love or had any good experience truth be told. I’m to blame, I have chased dead ends and guys who were not right for me. But now, here I am, and I have many suitors. I am asked out and pursued by men on the regular... yet, now I can’t feel anything and nothing they do seems original or exciting anymore. I do believe in love and caring for others, but romantically I don't know. I find I’m even more careless with others because guys were once careless with me, so it has become normalized in my head. Words I say are just words, and it’s like I respond to guys without emotion. Interactions with men used to be novel, but they aren’t anymore. I don't know if it’s because i am hit on more since I became more attractive through puberty, but since it happens a lot I also don’t care anymore. And it has given me a lot of taste of various guys and honestly I feel disgusted, bored, annoyed by it/them all. I feel bad because there are genuine guys and I don’t want to miss out or treat them poorly because I feel so heartless currently but I also can’t help it feeling like I have nothing in my chest that makes me care anymore. What’s going on?

5
1