Are long distance relationships worth it?

I see the person that I’m currently talking to a few days out of the month and I wonder if there is a chance of the relationship actually working. I know some people believe long term can work but I feel it is destined to not work out compared to partners that see each other daily. Yes, two people have to equally put in the work but it makes things that much more difficult to keep up with and that higher chance of infidelity taking place. In other words, it is more prone to splitting sooner.
  • Yes it is
  • Not really

724

Most Helpful Guy

• I married the girl I was in a LDR with for 2 years. It's not for everyone. Gotta be honest with yourself, willing to put in work, know your partner, and be very, very lucky. They're rough but if you've got the heart for it you should go for it. More than half of all marriage end in divorce. Some shitty odds but that doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.

• How does one LDR properly? Trying to convince a girl I really like I've been talking to for a few months but the major thing holding us back is that neither of us have much dating experience...

• Private message me. Let's talk.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how flexible you guys are and how sexual you are. If both are cool with no sex, then cool. If an open relationship is allowed for sex and you stay together, then cool. If one or both can afford to fly between for sex, then great. If you guys can fulfill intimate needs just on video or alone, then that's cool too. There are just so many variations on what may make it work or not.