Are long distance relationships worth it?

I see the person that I’m currently talking to a few days out of the month and I wonder if there is a chance of the relationship actually working. I know some people believe long term can work but I feel it is destined to not work out compared to partners that see each other daily. Yes, two people have to equally put in the work but it makes things that much more difficult to keep up with and that higher chance of infidelity taking place. In other words, it is more prone to splitting sooner.

• Yes it is
    Vote A
  • Not really
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I married the girl I was in a LDR with for 2 years. It's not for everyone. Gotta be honest with yourself, willing to put in work, know your partner, and be very, very lucky. They're rough but if you've got the heart for it you should go for it. More than half of all marriage end in divorce. Some shitty odds but that doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • How does one LDR properly? Trying to convince a girl I really like I've been talking to for a few months but the major thing holding us back is that neither of us have much dating experience...

• Private message me. Let's talk.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how flexible you guys are and how sexual you are. If both are cool with no sex, then cool. If an open relationship is allowed for sex and you stay together, then cool. If one or both can afford to fly between for sex, then great. If you guys can fulfill intimate needs just on video or alone, then that's cool too. There are just so many variations on what may make it work or not.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Fuck no. One of you will care more than the other the other will get bored and think the relationship will not be in persson fast enough and just drop you off anyway. Waste of time

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm in an identical situation... There's a saying that goes "out of sight, out of mind" which tends to be the norm these days.. Long distance relationships in this fast paced world is very very difficult to successfully maintain and it requires work but it's worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how long this period of a long distance lasts. In my experience, it can go relatively well for about a year, but after that its most likely to fall apart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really cause there is too many challenges. I want a woman who
    i can be close together and feel that closeness with her and be able
    to spend time with her and going out on dates.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in an ldr once
    I almost cheated on the girl
    They're definitely rough, and they can have a toll on you and all
    It's really important how to go about them
    Honesty is the best way

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• Sorry but i couldnt do it i mean anybody would cheat for pleasure x

1|0
    0|0
  • They're pointless unless one of you are going to eventually live in the same state/city/together. Mine ended unstably.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it makes you happy and you feel like you can deal with it in a healthy manner, go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot more work than a physical relationship. But if you love each other you'll suck it up and make it work, move in together, or simply break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • It worths

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes