Who should make the first contact after a date?

Who should make the first contact after a date?
  • Man
    Vote A
  • Woman
    Vote B
  • One who asked for that date
    Vote C
  • One who agreed to go that date
    Vote D
  • One who paid the bill
    Vote E
  • One who didn't pay the bill
    Vote F
  • Other/ I don't know
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• The gender doesn't matter. Both should just go for it if they're interested instead of sitting around and expecting to be messaged or playing games with the other.
    I believe I added my partner on fb first & gave my number to him first after meeting him through friends, but he asked me out on the first date, and usually had the tendency to message me first.
    It honestly should have that two-way feel where both are making some kind of effort.

3|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not only do a lot of women think the guy should be the one to ask the girl out and pay for date, he should also be the one to make first contact after the date. What is the girl supposed to do?

2|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• I prefer the man to, but i'm happy to do it aswell, just to say i had a nice time or whatever, but i'd rather know they wanted to message me and weren't just replying out of politeness

0|2
    0|1
  • Whoever is more straight forward I guess. I don't mind being open about my feelings so I really don't see the point of holding out and acting uninterested (of you really are). I get that building suspense can help but I think that's more beneficial once the interest and attraction is already estsblished, not while the other person is worrying about the impression they've made on you.

0|3
    0|0
  • I sent my now husband a text the next day
    "thank you for last night I had a really good time". It's good manners that's all.

4|3
    0|0
  • I don't think it matters. Just if you want to contact than contact

2|6
    0|0
  • Other
    Dose not matter who ever feels its right just needs to do it

3|4
    0|0
  • Both. a second date can't occur without both agreeing to it

4|4
    0|0
  • If the date went well and both are interested in another date, then I guess the one who agreed to go on a date.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whoever wants to call first.

4|5
    0|0
  • The one who wants to talk to the other.

2|5
    0|0
  • Both can do it

4|4
    0|0
  • Whoever is interested in getting together again!

4|3
    0|0
  • Either

2|5
    0|0
  • Both

1|5
    0|0
  • The man.

0|1
    0|0
  • The man should

0|1
    2|3
  • The dude.

0|1
    0|0
  • The guy should if he is still interested

0|1
    1|3
  • the man

0|1
    1|3
  • Doesn’t really matter as long as the interest gets reciprocated.

3|4
    0|0

What Guys Said 36

• Whoever decides to text first. There is no gendernormative rules behind this anymore. Why can't people just tell the other person what they enjoyed or not and stop stressing about who should do it first.

3|1
    0|0
  • Whoever does it first, doesn't matter really. Whoever gives in first and decides to text. People always wait for the other to call or text and then no one ever does because they are waiting for the other...

2|2
    0|0
  • I used to always make first contact but I noticed that every girl that I got serious with in the past would literally text me like an hour after the date.

So now I stopped making first contact because I feel like it's a useful "interest screening mechanism"

0|1
    0|0
  • lol who the hell cares? that's extremely childish to set up rules like that. If he comes across your mind, text him. If she comes across your mind, text her. Literally that simple.

2|1
    0|0
  • The woman.

It’s virtually always the man who sets up the date, a woman sending the first text after the date confirms she liked it and likes guy - unless, obviously, she says otherwise.

Lmao at the girls who think the man should... you expect him to do everything, don’t you.

0|1
    0|0
  • here's the thing, i approached you, i asked you out, i planned the whole interaction from A - Z, so when i go home iam expecting to hear from you to know that you actually liked what i had to offer, if you wait for me to contact you then i assume you disliked the whole interaction and didn't like me and as a result decided to just cut me out of your life.

asking a girl out then texting/calling her after the date is the same as posting on Facebook and liking your own post.

0|2
    0|0
  • Whoever feels like the waiting game is retarded. Speak up so you don't end up posting "why hasn't he/she contacted me" questions on here

3|1
    0|0
  • one who asks according to me

"90% of relationships die just because of *Why should I text first?* "

1|3
    0|0
  • I like how we think there should be order to desire.

0|1
    0|0
  • it really doesn't matter who, its actually cute if you both make contact at the same time

1|2
    0|0
  • Whoever is the first to think about it. Why does this have to be some unwritten rule?

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel the men should " MAN UP " on this one. Unless it was a total mistake by both parties that the date ever happened anyways.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both should send a "nice time" message afterwards that is short (unless the other was a jerk) and than whomever is interested wait a couple days.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the girl should because she’s the one that is in control of if things progress or not

0|1
    1|0
  • Either person can because it doesn't matter and shouldn't.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person who is dating with someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Jesus

1|2
    0|0
  • Both can do it

1|3
    0|0
  • G. Whoever wants to.

1|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys