Is secretly dating alright?

I've been dating this guy for almost 3 years now and my parents don't know. Haven't told them cuz I know they would totally be against us dating. this has made my boyfriend dislike my parents without even meeting them.
What you you guys do? Is secretly dating alright??Is secretly dating alright??

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Pfft... we all do that when we have restrictive parents... the thing is Do you like him? if you do, you aren't doing anything wrong and i wish you guys the best... and i Hope you guys go the fucking distance... no break ups...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I love this guys. and even more since he's been so understanding about it all. I mean it's been more that a year and he's still here ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Yeah that's right ๐Ÿ™‚

• so do it... and keep my dumbass informed as to how it goes

Most Helpful Girl

• Why keep it a secret? It shouldn't matter what others think. You're not in a relationship with him and everyone else. You should at least try to let your family get to know him and see that he's a wonderful person to you no matter the color of his skin or who he is

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I would like to think that too. others opinion don't matter but my parents opinion matter to me. I wish it didn't.

• I'm the same way. My parents opinion matters to me as well, especially my mom's, but in the end you have to do you and what's best for you. If your parents and/or family end up not liking him just because of his race, who he is or where he came from then that's something they have to work on. I do hope everything works out for you in the end though and that your parents can see how much you guys care for each other.

• Yeah I hope so. Just have to work up the courage to tell them ๐Ÿ™‚