Who is usually the one who breaks the other’s heart in a relationship, men or women?

Be it by cheating, leaving unexpectedly or fucking up in some other way. Also give your reasons

• Women.
    Vote A
  • Men.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol women. But they’re definitely better at shifting the blame on their partner. They’re good at getting sympathy from others. So people still think men are evil and bad but it isn’t true

0|2
    1|0
    • 🤔 hmm. This is true to an extent (big extent)..

Most Helpful Girl

• Women. I’m tired of seeing my male friends get heartbroken and cheated on. It’s insane how people keep victimizing women all the time

1|3
    0|0
    • 😕... that’s really sad.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Out of 3 failed relationships, I would say the woman in my circumstances. One dumped me for my boss, one treated me like a slave then kicked me out for trying to help reconcile her and her sister, and one treated me like I wasn't there

0|1
    0|0
    • I’m sorry wow that must’ve sucked. 😕 but you’re a straight guy which means you’ll experience it firsthand from women rather than from men

• Sucks but used to it now

• In my experience the women. Indecisive and unappreciative.

0|2
    2|0
    • Men are also very indecisive and unappreciative 🤣

• Well, it's topsy-turvy... But just a few days ago I met a girl... and became SMITTEN with her... and later found out she had a fiancee, So even though I only knew her for 2 DAYS, I sobbed and cried since!!!

1|1
    0|0
  • Men.
    Hear me out:

Personally, it's been women because I'm straight and only approach women, so on a personal level, I would say women.

However...

From my personal observations, it's men who do so, but only slightly more so than women.

0|1
    0|1
  • Men say women
    Women say men

Why am I not surprised?

Oh yeah. Because we are straight. Damn straight!

4|0
    0|0
  • both do but, i see more men doing it earlier in a relationship when it doesn't seem to go well, or if guys sometimes werent serious.

women do it later on when everything seems to go well, you have kids, a stable family and right when you think nothing bad could happen.

women obviosly cause more damage.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was forced by my parents to break her heart (and simultaneously, my own). Because my parents dont want me in relationships until i complete university. But id say, sadly, men break more hearts than women.

0|0
    0|1
  • Does it really matter? People run over each other all the time to the point that we're all victims and all victimizers in our lives.

1|1
    0|0
  • To me there is no usual because there are both guys and women that get their heart broken. There are guys and women that cheat, lie steal, cause the other person to do all the work at home by being lazy etc

0|0
    0|0
  • I found it's mostly their friends who screw it up cuz theyre unhappy. They encourage the person to cheat, but in my experience females get into this situation more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Difficult to say. I would think both equally, but not necessarily in the same ways.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think both can equality break the others heart in a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men, because women say no before it even starts if they don't want anything from him.

0|0
    1|0
  • Men through their actions, or lack there of and women through their words. Generally speaking. Overall, I say it is a 50/50 thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say both it just depends on the situation / couple

0|1
    0|0
  • In my case, it's always been women...

Thank God I've never broken one's heart ever!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a guy, so I will say men breaks the heart of a lady.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience women

0|1
    1|0
  • I don't know. I’d say it’s a 50, 50 chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's both

0|0
    0|0
  • women cheat the most do not doubt me on that

that is a fact
    it's obvious to anyone with eyes
    women think they are better then us men

1|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, women they lined up another person "cheating" before they do the break up

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the ages of the people in question.

0|0
    0|0
  • MEN.
    I can't include myself though. We get bored and have so many clubs to go to. But sometimes we have to blame both genders for giving in.

1|0
    0|1
  • Women

0|1
    1|0
    • Reasons?

• Because women always have more options no matter what. If any guy approaches a woman it's only matter of time before she finds someone better. Most women are always subconsciously looking for an upgrade.

• Probably mostly men because women are really emotional

1|0
    2|2
    • I feel like it's pretty close to 50/50 though

• Show All
    • which sucks... cause there's girls like us that DO care

• Yep 👍🏻

• It's 50/50

1|0
    0|0
    • My friend (guy) keeps saying women but I wanna prove him wrong lol. I’m pretty sure it’s 50/50 too

What Girls Said 17

• Studies show that women initiate breakups more than men, even within lesbian relationships. It's not that women are bitches, it's that they generally become less attached to their partners than men do.

1|2
    0|0
  • If one doesn't the other does. If you ask the girls they'll say guys and if you ask guys, they'll say girls, so there is nothing as who does it. Its usually small characters of a girl that leads a guy to do it or vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've always been the one to leave first... and I once sort of ghosted someone and I feel bad about it. So I'd say women, but I'm just one person, I guess.

1|2
    0|0
  • I can't scientifically say which on breaks the others heart more, but I do however know it depends on someone's personality, and boys tend to mature slower then girls. Plus if you're going off of stereotypes then girls have been trained to basically look for a 'Prince Charming' their whole lives

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it just matters in the situation and relationship. Which one was more emotionally involved? It's gone either way in my experience. I've had my heart broken and I've broken someone's heart

0|0
    0|0
  • Men do, definitely. They just seem so heartless these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering women are the one who leave / divorce in the majority of time I would say women.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's based on the person tbh. It depends on how they were raised.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can go either way. It doesn't depend on gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. It can be either

0|0
    0|0
  • Well for me, it's always him. :(

0|0
    0|1
  • Mennnnn

0|0
    0|2
  • i really wish i could answer this question, I've only been through one break up. It seems sometimes that they dont really care. To be honest i dont even know what type of person these guys really care for, not me lol.

but another guy is probably thinking the same: im dating her and she's flirting with other guys

while im thinking: god he doesn't care about me, he talks about this other girl and doesn't help me at all. and i wish i knew what guys were thinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I never heard of a woman who used her partner just to get sex and to leave after... so I'd say men.

0|0
    1|2
    • well, i never heard of a man who got pregnant by cheating with another woman, kept it from his wife for years, and then tells her the truth when the child is 4-5 years old...

so id say women. and this case is a lot worse than yours

• Men. Because women are so sensitive.

0|0
    1|1
  • Equal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men, they lie and they cheat. Too bad I love cock so much.

2|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes