1 y

What should the girl do when the guy says "I'm not ready for a committed relationship."?

Long story short, I've been dating this guy for four months. He introduced me to his parents and his close friends over the holidays, we went on short road trips and fun dates.

Recently, he has been overwhelmed by school and exams, so sometimes he would not call/text me for days. I finally one day asked him if he can call/text me more often, and that's when this conversation happened - He said that he is not ready to enter into a committed and serious relationship yet. He said that he can see a future with me as his girlfriend, but it's just not now.

I cried and was sad, but I understand what he meant because I've been told the same things before by a few of my exes (My life is a sad irony). I told him that I need time to process all this, and he nodded.

He called me the next day to check in on me and asked me on a movie date that night. We had dinner, watched a movie and that's it. He then asked me if I can have lunch with him and his best buddy (who has a girlfriend) next week.

His actions confuses me... What should I do? Should I leave or should I continue seeing him casually?
5
0