Have you ever been mistaken for the opposite sex?

There are people who look like the opposite sex and that can make things difficult in getting someone. I have been mistaken by others as being a man. I'm a woman and a proud woman. I feel comfortable being a woman despite the disadvantages of being a woman. Having periods suck and I don't doubt giving birth sucks too from a pain standpoint. I do enjoy however having the ability to someday grow a child inside of me and taking on the challenges that go with being a woman. I even enjoy knowing that while men complain about not being chased by women that I'm blessed to be chased by men.

Have you ever been mistaken for the opposite sex?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• i was lost in the womens section of a department store, and a sales lady asked me "what are you looking for mam?"

although to be fair i had relativly long hair at the time and was wearing a slim fit shirt

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a very short haircut, and don't always dress girly, and, am openly queer, but, I'm married to a cisgender white male. I get mistaken for his little gay boyfriend often, until I start to talk or they get close enough to see that I have a feminine face and large tits lol

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Not exactly... I've been mistaken for a gay best friend buuut that's about it. Though... I can hardly blame anyone for making that assumption. I've worn 6 inch stiletto heels, I love the color purple, watch My Little Pony, and think nail art vids on facebook are cool... also the fact that most of my friends always seem to end up being girls so... yeah I don't blame anyone for making that assumption.

0|0
    0|0
  • One time meeting some people at a Harley Davidson meet with my dad a guy leaned into do the European kissing greeting thing until at the last second he pulled back and said " Oh I thought you was a girl". Long hair tbh but I have a deep voice and I'm tall with a decent, lean frame so I think he did it to try and get to me like so many people try at school.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was the same height and spoke to him to say hello and he replied thinking about it so it probably was spite

• When I was younger before puberty I was because I was cute and had really long hair. Like down to my ass ๐Ÿ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • Indirect, a few years ago I dated a bi-sexual lady and she said to me "if you wouldn't have dick, you would be the perfect girlfriend"

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I had very long hair and they were looking at me from behind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've controlled myself from asking my roommate that question. The androgyny is surreal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it bothers me when people call me ma'am on the phone so
    i know where your coming from.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I tend to be obviously masculine although I've been mistaken as being gay a number of occasions.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not even when I had long hair. Just not a girly type.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've mistaken a ton of other people, like my elementary school principle.

0|0
    0|0
  • No and it wouldn't be likely since I very much resemble a man in appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I have a manly face structure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes tho only in very certain circumstances

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, look at me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • on the damned phone...

0|0
    0|0
  • once when i was little

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but only when I'm crossdressed as a woman

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    1|0
  • Technically... but very few times. I can think of three times. However, I don't look feminine. I don't sound feminine. I have a decently deep voice. By most accounts, my voice was usually mistaken for my dad's voice, though I've never thought we sounded alike.

Twice; when I was 8 or 9 and on vacation with my folks. Granted, I was a little kid, so it's before puberty... and I had a "little kid voice" that they all seem to have... but when you saw me, it was pretty clear I was a boy. Two different (flamboyantly gay) waiters. Don't know if either was joking... or couldn't tell for some reason...

And once over the phone, with a woman who refused to listen to what I was saying (maybe she had a script that she couldn't adapt. I kept mentioning (in a deep voice of a 30 year old man) that I was a dude. I was pretty clear on that that she was addressing a guy. SEVERAL TIMES. ::interrupting:: "Yes ma'am blah blah blah..." "I'm a guy. I'm a dude. Male." Yes, Mrs _______________ (kept botching up the name, too - again, correcting her). I'm not giving someone my business who can't be bothered to listen... I'm not offended, there are few women who have deep voices that could be confused... I just think I'm low enough to where it's not bloody likely.

But except for that, and maybe a few times as a baby (again, I was always dressed in "boy clothes.") that I wouldn't remember... it was never a look or any confusion about mannerisms or anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• A few times yes. It was from far away, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I marked no
    But then i was rethinking it, and yes online it happen for me few times, but only online
    That some times end up to be funny when they tell me I play like a girl i just say thanks, only once asked about the reply so only one of them ever got I guess why i said thanks

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean... I'm a 5'4 petite blonde. So... no.

Aside from when I'm at work in my police uniform and I'm being stern and they're clearly nervous and they respond with, "Yes, sir-I mean ma'am!" I don't get mistaken for being a boy.

It hasn't happened lately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I was once when I was a baby but I don't think that counts (for the record, my mom had me dressed in all pink and someone at the grocery store said she had a very nice baby boy...)
    But as an actual adult, nope. Not much likelihood someone would mistake a girl with long hair and curves for a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly all the time, I have a lot of online friends and usually when we call they mistake me for the opposite gender because of my voice. Thatโ€™s also why Iโ€™m so insecure haha. It sucks. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ™

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, however, I look just like my father so our childhood photos look very similar.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not the girliest girls ever, but not a tomboy either. Happened to me a few times tho, at the age of 18 going to a shop in the morning trying to buy cigarettes, the cashier asked me 'you old enough, buddy?' :D
    The next time was when I went to a pub with my then housemate, I was wearing a guy's hoodie and a short skirt. Someone walked up to me and asked me whether I was a guy or girl. My housemate (bearded strongly built Italian) didn't take it well. Caught that person and asked if he wanted to see if he is a guy or girl. We were a bit tipsy then and the person was drunk so at the end it's just a funny story, I don't feel traumatised by it or anything

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but only in a photo where I had done my makeup to look like a dude :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No but my brother was so pretty in childhood people always asked if he was a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Never but I have confused some people. Androgynous people are very common in Asia

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I have all the basic qualities of an average girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not many skinny guys have DDD boobs.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly back in school yes I was.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wtf better not

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have.

0|0
    0|0
  • All the time, people think I'm a young boy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes