How would you tell your girl that you want her to lose some weight?

Would you be straightforward or would you try to choose your words carefully?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I would try to get her to exercise with me, and then I would just talk about fitness in general. But you have to lead by example. I've had girls say they would lose weight to be with me because I'm so fit. They do that because I actually walk the walk.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Just never make it a shaming or negative thing. That will kill her trust in you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her if she what’s to go to the gym with you... for fun or something.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• I would try indirectly first going out for physical activities changing our food habits and am taking her to the gym with me. If that doesn't work then a kiss kick kiss approach of that doesn't work then bitch you better get your ass in shape. I can't get my dick hard for a fatty!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I could ever tell her.. unless she was really putting her health in danger. But no risk of that, she's fit and healthy just not always quite as skinny as she should be for her frame (she suits being very slim).

0|0
    0|0
  • I would only do that if I was starting to get worried about her health. But in the end it's not my body and I don't have any say in what she does with it. However I am fairly active so I'd probably by trying to get her to do that kind of stuff with me anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a really controversial question for me. If it was me 2 years ago I'd probably just be straightforward. But now Ik how susceptible a female is to insecurities about her health so I'd rather not hurt her feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be honest, but then help her. Chances are she has had some of the same thoughts and helping her lose weight will strengthen your relationship.

By the same token, if she is comfortable with who she is, accept and love her regardless.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be ask her that you want to take her and go jogging together as you feel that you need to be more healthy or getting more fitter , just don't say it in straightforward way say it as if the problem with you

0|0
    0|0
  • I would probably tell her im having insecurities with my own body image and id appreciate her support at the gym or whatever im going to do to improve my physique.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell her you feel a little unheathly and you want her to help suppourt you

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't tell her anything, I'd start taking her out for more physical activities and helping her cook more, so she eats good food, not processed crap.

0|0
    0|0
  • "I don't find you attractive any more".
    When my girlfriend was pregnant she gained a lot of weight so I had to make her feel bad everyday to try and get her to work out.

0|0
    2|2
  • I think straightforward if we have something for long time.. anyones want to change something for better

0|0
    0|0
  • There are a lot of factor I'd have to consider when weighing how to do this. I should also say here that my feeling is that, unless there are health/medical reasons for weight loss, my feeling is that she has to feel comfortable in her own skin rather than worrying what others may think.

First of all, is she just a bit overweight, or is she obese? If it's the former, I'd approach it indirectly, maybe suggesting different meals or suggesting that we do some physical activities like hiking.
    If she is obese, she is in danger of getting diabetes and perhaps other medical problems, so I think it needs to be addressed directly and framed as a health issue rather than one of appearance.

In either case, I would word my concerns/suggestions as carefully as possible, and tell her I find her beautiful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell her your concerned about her health? Depends on the person on how straight forward. Thing is, not like it would have much benefit either way unless your willing to exercise with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Straight forward lol
    Plus i personally wouldn't date someone who already isn't into healthy workouts

0|0
    0|0
  • Im not that stupid, i would rather shave with a chainsaw than ask tjat question

0|0
    0|0
  • Not straightforward but if I think she's gettubg out of control I'd just try to get her with me to the gym.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would say hey baby we both need to lose some weight so we can easily just eat it off in 3 weeks with the Atkins diet

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you basically tell her she's fat that's ignorant. You should be happy with someone and who they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be straight but also give some complement for the current figure... but say truth...

0|0
    0|1
  • I would never ask her... if she want I would help her but she need to be happy with her body

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• you shouldn't. only if she wants to should she lose weight.

0|0
    0|0
    • Even if she's getting so overweight that its effecting her health?

• @Kiels01 that is a different story. then maybe you shouldn't beat around the bush, just say that your worried.

Recommended myTakes