Is high number of sexual partners a deal breaker for you? If so, how much is too high in your opinion?

I noticed guys don't care about the sexual numbers a girl has, which makes me wonder why am i saving myself for that one special guy if he might not gonna appreciate it anyway.
I would like someone who has the same views on sex as me. I'm not looking for a virgin obviously, just someone who doesn't do casual sex.

723

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you've got a good outlook on it, and most every guy I've met cares, but they won't admit it unless you're 1 on 1 talking for real. Even then, they usually say that it matters, but only over whatever number do they have strong doubts. I'm 27, if a girl is equal to my age, 5 partners is where I draw the line, though I'm really not crazy about that. I like knowing someone I might fall hard for doesn't have the baggage that comes with sleeping around and casual sex, that has values and views similar to my own on the subject. There's a pretty exhaustive list of reasons why you want someone that takes the most private and personal part of there life with sincerity and wisdom, who doesn't treat it like a vending machine. Personally, I think women are more rooted in selective partnership than men by biology alone. Women have an ideal fertility once a month, nine months of raising that child, and a vested interest in A. Keeping a long term partner (for survival/protection) and B. Raising a child (minimum several years of constant investment) to carry on their genes.

Having said that, it's nice we have a lot more options in the modern world, can plan our families easier and still enjoy having sex with someone we love. Having birth control and condoms doesn't erase the hard wired biology we've evolved with, and we shouldn't ignore it's lessons, the ones that kept us alive and thriving to this point, solely because we can interrupt nature's cycle or have safe abortions doesn't mean we should throw away biology's wisdom.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't be worrying about what the other person might dislike or dissaprove about you and your past. You should do things FOR YOU. If you want to save yourself, that's ok. It's important you share views with your partner on different topics, so don't feel pressured to do something you don't want to do. And if you decide you do want to start having sex, then knock yourself out and if later on you find a guy and he dissaproves, then he wouldn't be the right guy for you. It's that simple. And actually I think there's more guys that preffer their girlfriend not having that much sexual parters, even though they've had lots more ¬¬ not everyone of course, but some. So don't worry about someone who is not even in the picture right now. Do what feels right for YOU :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE