Would you date someone who owns an AR-15?

Would you date someone who owns an AR-15?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as he seems pretty sane, I don't see any good reason not to. Nearly every man has a knife in his kitchen, or a car, or two good hands. If a man really wants to kill me, then I'll prolly just die. So, it really means nothing.

1|8
    1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I love guns on a more technical level (the engineering behind it) and I would love to go on the range (I am too poor / don't want to spend my money on that). If it's for sport or just to own one the I would not have a problem with gun ownership. However, if it is for defence from intruders then I would consider that a negative, definitely.

0|1
    0|0
    • Cause an ar15 for defense is dumb, a pistol is a smarter choice

• I know. If he had a handgun for self defence, or any contraption built by Joerg Sprave, I would not mind. Nonetheless, those persons exist. After all, Obama wants to take our guns!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Only people who are allowed to own a gun are police officers or people who have a hobby related to shooting (like hunting), and I'm not interested in dating either.

3|0
    1|4
  • I don't want guns anywhere near me.

5|3
    3|9
    • Guns don't have to be near you for bullets to find you.

• Show All
    • @Kiran04 I'm perfectly happy with the gun situation in this country and have no intention to in any way affect your rights in the US because frankly, I don't care what you do over there.

• Wasn't talking about you in specific either.

• Yes ar-15s are fun to shoot and I own a lot of guns so I would need a gun handy guy, that being said i wouldn't date one of those duechy guys who owns one but can barley shoot, doesn't know any gun safety and that goes around bragging to everybody about it, and that's what I have noticed a lot about guys who own fun guns like this instead of guys who own practical guns like ones they go hunting with or pistols

0|4
    0|0
    • What would you do if you just after shooting practise with your AR-15 walk in a your house and see your boyfriend that you love so much and had unlimited trust in pose 69 with some stranger?

• Lol nothing with any guns, just break up with him

• Well its hard to behave rational in very emotional moments, like when you are very angry or hurt

• No, there is no reason at all for a regular person to own a weapon like that.

2|0
    1|1
    • Actually there's plenty.
      1. Ar-15's are great marksman rifles for beginners.
      2. The round they fire penetrates less through walls than 9mm fmj.
      3. Often cheaper than a quality handgun.
      4. Can indeed be used to hunt small game up to deer.

• I stopped a man from trying to rape my sister with mine about a year ago. It was her Ex who was very violent and wanted revenge for her leaving him for her current fiance. She may not even be here today if I hadn't and I don't rejoice in taking a life but I will do anything necessary to protect my loved ones and I would absolutely do it again.

• No, I'm not interested in people who own guns

5|2
    2|11
    • Why not?

• Show All
    • I used to respect you but not anymore

• That's okay :)

• No. I'm a pacifist, and I would not date someone who owned any kind of gun (unless they were a police officer)

0|0
    0|2
  • It doesn't really matter to me as long as me and the s. o. are responsible to keep it locked up and have a good amount of training.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why they have the gun and how they plan on using said gun.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date one that doesn't :)

1|6
    3|3
  • I would not.

2|2
    1|4
  • Oh hell yeah baby

0|4
    1|0
  • No, get that shit away from me.

2|0
    1|0
  • I am afraid of guns, so no.

2|0
    1|4
    • There i was walking done the street when suddenly a gang of AR15s started catcalling me!

• Show All
    • Guns don't kill people. People with bullets kill people. Stop blaming the gun and hold the shooter accountable.

• You should face your fear and take a firearms class

• I would not.

0|0
    0|1
  • Wouldn't date a guy that owned a gun

2|0
    2|3
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh hellllllllll no

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't hang with people who are stupid AND dangerous.

2|1
    2|6
    • Owning guns doesn't make you stupid and dangerous, what a ridiculous thing to say. I am an expert marksman and own a lot of different guns and I am extremely safe, and to the sound of it quite a lot of people are probably smarter than you lol

• Show All
    • @Halotestin your naiveté is showing...

• That's not how you spell it, and please elaborate.

What Guys Said 31

• Absolutely "Yes", I would not only Date her, but she & I could go to the Rifle Range together, and if she wasn't already a Member of the NRA we could both become Members of it. I think a woman who likes to Shoot is even sexier!

1|2
    0|0
  • 1. The United States of America is the best country in the world, ever. Even just attempting to debate this makes you a cuck. (I live in Germany.)

2. One of the founding principles is the Second Amendment. If you don't like it - you are free to leave the most free country in the world to settle somewhere else.

0|1
    0|0
  • Good to know that 83 percent of women will not date me in a few months when I'm getting one. xD

But yeah if my girl owned an AR-15 that would honestly be kind of awesome xD

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd only date someone who owns an AR-15. Or an FN SCAR, or a Robinson Arms XCR, an IWI TAVOR, a Keltec RDB, a Desert Tech MDR, hell, even a Ruger Mini-14. All glorious rifles. A Sig Sauer MCX would do as well, or a Sig 556XI, H&K 416, FN PS90, an MP5, H&K UMP45, Scorpion Evo, KRISS Vector, Sig Sauer MPX. Semi-auto is love. Semi-auto is life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Them owning any type of weapon doesn't say anything about them as a person

0|5
    0|0
    • I agree if he/she has gun for self/home defense, but what the hell would he/she need automatic gun that shiuld use only soliders in a war.

• @Mr_Mystery If they have an automatic gun then there's a 100% chance that theyre a criminal as they're illegal anywhere

• Wrong, only certain States have full auto bans. The federal law prohibiting full autos expired.

• no time for guns. i could handle if they were a hunting enthusiast with a basic rifle but could never fathom an everyday person owning something like this

it would make me question their headspace on many levels

0|0
    0|2
  • No, except if the person owned it professionally... but the chance seems small.
    I'm 100% in favour of forbidding weapons except if you have a licence.

0|0
    0|2
  • Nah.. Owning a gun is pretty much unnecessary and not to mention illegal where I live..

0|0
    0|1
    • Assuming others lead the same lifestyle as you. Maybe YOU don't want/need one but that isn't the case for everyone.

• Well.. You do see that the question specifically asks "Would YOU date someone [...]", don't you? You can't really sue me for answering the question in that manner then.
      Also, no one walks around with guns here.. If you're in the need of protection, get yourself some pepper spray and you'll be alright.

• i might but generally i think i'd have rather different values than a person felt any need to own this type of gun

0|0
    0|2
    • Lol, this "type" of rifle is pretty low on the list of scary guns. Every ar owner modified them for this reason.

• @Wwwyzzerdd what are you laughing out loud about? did i say anything about "scary" guns? the simple fact is i own a gun but i see no need for owning this type of gun and so i would probably would have diverging beliefs, values, etc from a person who felt a need to own this type of gun.

sorry if that bothers you. i believe i'm entitled to live how i want right?

• Fuck yeah, give me a lady, who owns a gun! This will be so damn freaking romantic ❤️️💕

1|2
    0|0
  • Why not? It's the person who can be mentally deranged, not the gun.

0|3
    0|0
  • What would you do if you just after shooting practise with your AR-15 walk in a your house and see your boyfriend that you love so much and had unlimited trust in pose 69 with some stranger?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I wouldn't like to attract the kind of people that own guns.

0|1
    0|3
    • That's assuming a lot, lumping all gun owners into a category they dont fit in

• It's mostly the size of the gun, no 'normal' person has that kind of gun. So I am assuming that they are gun enthousiasts, which is an interest I do not approve off.

• No they're illegal to attain in my country unless you're in like military service but you don't get one to take home...

0|0
    0|0
  • A friend of mine has one and we are not even American.

0|2
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't. I hate guns and people who have and use them

1|1
    0|4
    • Criminals who possess guns don't hate you, but they'll kill you just the same because they don't care about you.

• So you hate cops, military, security, hunters, native americans...

• It would be sold or locked away in an attic or cellar.

1|0
    0|4
  • Well she got to have a pretty good god damn excuse to own it first

1|1
    0|2
  • Sheesh, people are really afraid of guns here...

0|3
    0|1
  • Most likely not

1|2
    0|2
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes