Would you date a person that smokes weed?

This guy asked me out we were getting along great till he told me he smokes weed. I’m anti everything for the reason that two of my brothers smoked it for years and it ruined them. They had no ambition, you could tell when they didn’t have a joint cause they’re moodswings we’re horrible, always wasting money.

I’m a super healthy person that’s really ambitious and I’m thinking this guy doesn’t fit in with me. But he now keeps asking me out and he said that he doesn’t understand what my problem is that it’s a plant. I feel like I’m being a mean person cause I know it’s not the worst thing to do but I don’t wanna date a stoner.

What would you do or what is your view?
  • No I definitely wouldn’t date a stoner
    Vote A
  • Yes I would date a person that smokes weed
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
  • I do smoke it so it wouldn’t bother me
    Vote D
  • I don’t smoke but it wouldn’t bother me if the person I’m dating smoked weed
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me out it this way. Is it legal in the place you are in? No? Then no.
    Is he still responsible with his life? No? Then no
    If it is legal and he is responsible and respects your stance on not wanting to try it i would say it's worth a try. Anything else though and it's not worth the trouble.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• i dated a person that smokes weed in the past for about 2 weeks before i couldn't deal with it anymore. his clothes smells, his room smells, you can smell it even outside the house when he opens his window from the second floor, everyone can smell weed coming from his body and giving us weird looks when we're going out, we were stopped and searched by cops on foot patrol 4 times within that 2 weeks, we can't even have a proper conversation because he's too high to think straight and tried to make me smoke weed with him once so i just dumped him.

0|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• If it requires them to keep weed in my car/home or for them to smoke every hour, I’m not interested.

I’ve also noticed that smokers (i knew) never respect other people’s wishes. If you say, ‘don’t bring it in my car/home’ they sneak and bring it anyways. It’s not worth me losing my car/home to the cops. So I just don’t like the complications.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. Not because I have any personal hatred towards weed or those who use it, I'm indifferent though I wouldn't ever use it myself, but mostly because it is illegal in my country. Working for the military, any lawbreaking, which not reporting someone using illegal drugs would be, more than likely would have career ending consequences for me and that is certainly not something I'm willing to risk.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the person's usage and how (if at all) that usage impacts them. If they smoke a shit-ton of cannabis and aren't going anywhere in life, then I'll pass. If they're intelligent, ambitious, hard-working, and they like to responsibly indulge in a little weed from time-to-time, I don't see the problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly considering the medical benefits of cannabis, that drinking doesn't even have. I would say that not accepting a person who uses cannabis, would be sort of like not accepting someone who enjoys a drink now and then. In our society, it's almost considered odd not to have an occasional drink (assuming you're over 21).

So, yeah I would date a girl who uses cannabis. I don't use it, especially since it isn't legal in my state. But I would date a girl if she uses it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date him then weed isn't the worst thing but it isn't the best thing eather , you're better off finding someone that has the same beliefs as you because even though you might think now that it's ok for him to smoke weed later on it won't be ok , you should never change yourself for someone else , it always comes back and kicks ya in the ass , why so many relationships do not make it because people tend to settle for things they aren't into and then realize that this isn't them

0|0
    0|0
  • Weed, alcohol, cigarettes, sex, any major dependency is a potential issue... and weed comes with an additional perpetual reek. No thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a former weedaholic. 18 years every day. I do agree it saps you, takes your drive. This ain't the guy for you. The smokers refuse this truth!

3|0
    0|1
    • What do you mean it takes your drive?

• Show All
    • what if their ambition is to have a happy low stress life, spending as much time with friends and family as possible and as little time running the rat race as possible?

• You can have ambitions to be poor if you want

• I smoke weed sometimes. I quite enjoy certain aspects of it but I do not enjoy it as a regular activity because the negative effects seem to stack. If they smoked all of the time I can see it being hard to date them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. Everyone is different, and it doesn't have the same effect on everyone. As long as it's not all day everyday, and he's still productive, then there's no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had a girlfriend that does it, I'm okay with it as long as she doesn't make it a everyday thing and mess up her life with it. Also if she doesn't show up high to our dates.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what my partner does unless they make it an issue. If all they want to do is get high 24/7, I'm out. If it's more of a casual thing, it's no big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope. huge turn off. in my experience those people amount to nothing in life they're always sloppy and just lack basic ideas on what to do with life besides smoke weed and look at memes

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't smoke weed (at least not yet), but I would be open to dating someone that did. I wouldn't require a woman to smoke weed in order for us to be together.

0|0
    0|0
  • woah these numbers are astounding. I've reduced my smoking to just one hoot before bed... does this disqualify me from 62% of potential mates?

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date a addict. I don't care what the addiction is, alcohol, drugs, junk food. It's all the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how often and where. If it's every day, or they are smoking in the house, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, this many people in this day and age won't date stoners?

You all are missing out.

0|2
    0|0
  • As long as I don't see it becoming a daily habit, im good with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's ready to quit for you, you should ask him.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Lets just say she wouldn't smoke weed for long. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• No, been there before, never again.

0|1
    0|0
  • My ex smoked weed, he was a great guy, he wasn't lazy he will do any job and is always searching for a job, he just loves to smoke weed.
    If your strongly against than don't date him but don't sorta judge him because of how your brothers act because not everyone is the same. So if he seems like a great guy, give him a chance go out with him, if your not happy with him, let him know.

0|1
    0|0
    • Cannabis has different effects on people depending on their hormones and development of their brain.

I've noticed the only people who really enjoy cannabis are others who have high testosterone. For us, it's almost like kissing a girl. That's the same type of feeling we get. I talked about this with a friend the other day. Cannabis can become a problem in someone's life if they consume it too often. It's like alcohol, you can become dependent on it and that's when it's a addiction that is bad for the individual. I don't think cannabis is bad for anyone if it's used once a while, and not something that is relied upon to feel better.

• @GracefulCharm oh wow thank you for letting me know, I honestly didn't know any of this!

• I've dated drug users and smokers but they wouldn't do it around me and generally didn't do drugs when I was dating them. One guy stopped when we dated and he thanked me later in the relationship because it seemed to get him out of a rut of spending all weekend high and using up his money on it. However, it's not something I'm really happy about but it's not going to be a total deal breaker for me.

0|0
    0|1
  • Don't knock it till u try it , weed is the best 🙌🙌

0|4
    0|0
    • Weed is better than alcohol in terms of health and it's impact on it. Alcohol should be illegal in my opinion. Think about how many cases of violence, rape, and aggressor are linked to alcohol. How many of those cases can be linked to cannabis?

• i think there's a difference between the stereotype of a stoner whose life revolves around weed and someone who just sometimes smokes weed to relax. obviously if they're too dependent on it i could see where people are coming from. i don't really do it, mostly due to the fact that it raises your heart rate a little bit and i've already got issues with mine. my own boyfriend does though and that's perfectly fine, he functions normally

0|0
    0|0
  • If they exclusively smoked outdoors, I might consider it. I'm not living with the type of pig who smokes anything indoors though. Not weed, not tobacco, not anything. That'd be letting them make their habit my habit.

0|0
    0|1
  • No, huge turn off. I'm a recovering alcoholic so I have no desire to date any that uses any substances. Stoners usually become loners

0|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn't date someone who smokes weed. I'm against any type of smoking.
    But of course, in the end it's your decision.

0|0
    0|1
  • Never. Same with someone who drinks excessively or gambles.
    Just be honest and say that it is a problem for you and see what he says about it?

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm like you, I wouldn't want to date one who smokes weed either. Smoking in general is disgusting to me. And so is alcohol, but heyyyy if I were to limit myself to only dating teetotalers (I am one), I would have an extremely hard time finding someone to date. So for now I'm ok with the occasional drink of alcohol, even though my preference would also be to have a guy who doesn't drink at all.
    So I get it. I'm not a fan of anything that affects the minds in the way that drugs do (alcohol included).

0|0
    0|1
  • No I definitely wouldn’t date a stoner

@supernovaroyalty

1|0
    0|1
  • My brother is the same. But also naturally he just has a lazy personality. Im honestly coflicted cause now and days and where I'm from, weed is leagized and its like everybody is doing it and it seems so casual. I was against it till my brother was using it so much it became normal to me. My friends have tried it. My cousins have. So has my boyfriend but he does have insomnia and some ither issues so thats partially why he has used it. It has helped him.

I guess as long as he's not lazy and he's not high all the time it wouldn't matter to me. I told my boyfriend to stay off it if he can ane he does unless he feels like he needs it for medical purposes. So basically dont over use it.

If you dont like the smell of it or the idea of it at all. Nothing wrong with not wanting to be with a guy who smokes it. I guess its up to you to define how much it matters. And its not like there aren't any guys who dont smoke it. There is 😁

Girl follow what you believe and trust your gut

0|0
    0|1
  • no, thats actually a big turn off for me...
    even a smokers turn off

0|0
    0|1
  • No, because I stopped smoking weed a year and a half ago, and never want to come back.

0|0
    0|1
  • No. I'm don't do drugs and would not date somebody who does it. It's illegal in my country.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nah. I don't like the smell of smoke actually. Even if it's from cigarettes.

0|0
    0|0
  • no lol. no offense but they probably have other issues so I wouldn't risk it.

0|0
    0|1
  • No. The smell makes me choke.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yeah, I don't really care about that.

0|1
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Girls