Does it matter to you whether your partner's family likes you or not?

I guess this includes whether you like them as people too. But what about if you're like chalk and cheese. They're quite loud, outgoing, have totally different values. Maybe you don't communicate well with them/you tend to have misunderstandings because you're totally different people? I mean, my dream would be that my partner's parents are at least somewhat like-minded in terms of moral values etc. But I know that's not often the case. My partners parents are just so massively different to myself and totally different to how my own parents are/how my own parents behave. I dunno, it sometimes worries me for some reason. What's your take?

• I'd rather that I at least got along with my partners parents
  • I don't mind if we have nothing in common/ things get a little awkward as a result
  • If I don't get along with her/his parents I'd be tempted to discontinue the relationship.
    Vote C
  • It really matters to me that I get along well with his/her parents.
    Vote D

2618

Most Helpful Guy

• Their problem not mine

• Huge problem for you if you're with her for more than a few months.

• It's fine for a short-term deal, but long term, you're going to have to deal with them more. And in a marriage, you better be sure, because you don't just marry a person, you marry their whole family.

• @HikerDude not if they don't want to be involved

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather that I at least got along with my partners parents.