Can you love someone you met online but not yet in person?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Not possible
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely! If both your interests and commonalities match up as well as having open communication and trust, a successful relationship can form from it, even if you've never engaged with the person outside of a screen.

Would the relationship be stronger if you have physical intimacy and share activities in person together? Certainly. Is it required? I would think at some point, the relationship would need to advance to meeting in real life to fully understand their behavior patterns and what type of routine both partners are looking for in a relationship. Whether online or not, love can start as long as there are two people willing to understand one another.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. That is why people believe that love is an illusion; the illusion of falling for something that could be everything you needed.

A lot of people say that your heart and eyes will fall for illusions. They say to not listen to them if you respect yourself. It's obviously up to the individual to make their own decision and to learn what they need to learn.

Good luck.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• I wouldn't say you can love them as you can't fully know them from just meeting them online. You can love the version of them you've built in your head but until you've met the properly and know them properly you can't love the real them.

2|0
    0|0
  • I did it 2 times already one ended in heartbreak the other is still going strong 😊 but my first girlfriend was irl I lost my virginity to her and she cheated so that’s why I’m online 😒

0|1
    0|0
    • Damn G that fkn sucks

• Show All
    • And more than 50% of people get divorced not a good thing. Slow down

• Either way I’m not marrying her until I’m certain that we are together forever or whatever

• most definitely not. yeah you can have a thing for them and you may have good chances of actually ending up loving each other but you can't really "love" each other bevore you spent some time together physically.

2|0
    0|0
  • Hahahaha... So technically u are saying... Can u love tech gadget... And spend your entire life with him!!!

1|0
    1|0
  • I think it's possible to feel something similar to love, but most of the things usually are just in your mind. So I don't think that you can achieve true love without actually meet that person, besides this it is possible cuz everybody is different, but that's the beauty in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just met a girl online... and I can't stop thinking about her

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah I met a guy online I can’t stop thinking about him. I need to stop

• Its known as curiosity... where we design self-beliefs about a person... and you can only stop thinking of him once you meet him in person and know his true personality

• It's possible I know a friend of mine who met a girl on the other side of the country and they have been married for 12 years now happily

2|0
    0|0
  • It's because the person I love online tends to have more things in common. We get along online, as far as possible. What keeps me going with love is the possibility of meeting each other and have the happiest time of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is too big of a word , you can lust over someone you met online but to actually love them would come a lot later after. you met them and things r going well then thats where love comes in but right now you are lusting over someone

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That isn't love, that is a fantasy in your head.

1|1
    0|0
  • I met my girl online, she even moved country to be with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pewdiepie met marzia from online, and look how that turned out

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you can be attracted but you can't love them. Love takes time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love? No but i would like to check her look too
    I care about look and personality

1|0
    0|0
  • That describes me and my wife.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I learned that the hard way. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it happens a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes you can. It is definitely possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont just believe i know its true by myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true love, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• I can't determine chemistry without meeting someone in person, and it's a very important factor in a relationship for me. I can't fall in love with someone I haven't met.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can but it’s more like loving the idea of them. I feel like you really don’t know a person until you meet them in person. A person can act one way online but completely different in person.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it is possible. You can fall in love with a personality. Pure love, as there is no lust.

3|1
    0|0
  • No, that’s not love it’s infatuation. People need to learn the difference because it cheapens what actual real love is about.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe some people can, but not me. I need physical contact in the relationship in order to fall in love.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. For me it's funny to just think about an online ,, love" relationship, like that's absurd. How can you love someone when you haven't even met them?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not really. There's always too much idealisation involved. I don't think you can really know someone unless you've met in person and spent some time together.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think so. I mean I never have met anyone online but I dint trust a anyone online. In person you can fall in love when you have met and spent time with the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if we FaceTime but not if I did see life pictures of them.

1|0
    0|0
  • this is possible but from my experience it has only ended in tears...

1|0
    0|0
  • My last ex-bf cheated on me. now I decide to go online and did. I met my current boyfriend on facebook. since I fed up with boys at college.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once, I did then he turned out to be a psycho, I cut him off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my best friends online, and I definitely love them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's called being delusional

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have and am still in love with that person.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s possible

0|0
    0|0
  • sure!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. You don't need to see them in real life.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can then your gullible as hell

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes