Do you find swearing a turn off?

I don't like it. Unless you're angry or frustrated, I don't see the point in including swear words in normal conversations.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I really don't care if I'm with a girl who cursing constantly, lol.
    Education and class has nothing to do with with if someone curses or not.
    I grew up in the Northeast, graduated college and have worked my dream job already.
    I'm currently living in the South, and there are people who are bible thumpers who never curse but are dumb as rocks, so I think it's all about preference. Not everyone is an idiot here, I'm just using it as an example to point out that it has nothing to do with education.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    I understand the feeling, when you are mad cursing can come naturally but if you are just someone standing nearby and you see someone start cussing and getting upset, it is very off putting. Letting out one curse if you stub your toe vs. someone who just cusses all the time for no reason in regular conversation to me is a turn off. I'm attracted to feminine women, to me, cursing and coarseness is kind of a masculine thing. A woman who curses a lot for now reason gives off an unappealing masculine vibe. For me it is a turn off.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It's a huge turn off. For me it say the person can't control his mouth and there's no point in swearing even when you're angry.

1|0
    0|0
  • My dad used to swear like a sailor and in my house we could say whatever we wanted growing up so I think that effects how I think of it, i honestly never give it a second thoughy when someone swears

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

• I personally swear and regardless of how other people feel I don't swear to insult anyone ever I swear in conversations by nature but to those that don't really like it, get over yourself if you don't like it it is what it is

0|0
    0|0
  • YES +
    when you run out of words larger than 4-letter ones
    = also mentally bankrupt as well, low IQ
    a dime/dozen sort of person
    too many of these as is

1|0
    0|0
    • Actually studies now show that swearing has nothing to do with your intelligence but it does have to do with your personality like how much of a risk taker u are and other things at least in Canada and the us but in European countries swearing isn't a taboo

• I actually do find it unappealing, yes; though I’m not too quick to say it’s a full-blown turn off. I personally lose a little attraction when I hear a woman swear for some reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes that's an uneducated low class crappy thing to do I have no respect for people that do that left and right

2|1
    0|2
  • I find it depends on the tone used and how it's said. I swear a fair bit but it's clearly a relaxed manner and it's just part of my speech. When people swear in a aggressive manner it bothers me and is just annoying if there's no real reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I find it relieving sometimes, it shows what a person is thinking and showing their real personalities. I don't care if you swear or not, I don't find it offensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation. I dont swear around those I dont believe are fine with it. I dont swear around new people (unless they're around my age)

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it is
    but sometimes we need it to describe things thats all but i think it should never be used to curse or humiliate anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • Wtf. Swearing is f'n grouse. It adds emphasis.
    It's f'n amazing.
    And I'm aussie so we call our mates c***s all.
    Shut up d***head
    Are just part of our vocabulary.

0|0
    0|0
  • I grew up to not swearing even though my parents did. They were very strict about me swearing. Like I would say motherfreaker or what the hay. My favorite thing to say is son of a kiwi. 😃

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a potty mouth yeah I know how to control myself and not swear but if incorporated it to normal speech and with really care for it when I comftble

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a situational thing if they are swearing for the sake of swearing or in an environment where it's very public that's annoyning

1|0
    0|0
  • Swearing turns me off. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth and makes everything seem insincere.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't swear much but potty mouth on girls in the right situations is kinda hot.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm an Englishman with irish and scottish blood living in Canada. It doesn't get any more vulgar than that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. You obviously can't curse like a sailor, but if you do it occasionally or in a funny way I wouldn't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it if your upset like you said... Or if your in bed, pleasuring or being pleasured... Other than that... I don't usually love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't curse, don't smoke and don't drink. Ever. Period.

*Goddamnit, I just dropped my sigaret in my beer.*

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted no because there was no 'depends' option. It really depends on the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• Try being around a bunch of military guys. They legit curse in EVERYONE OTHER SENTENCE.

I'm not perfect; I curse too. But I think there is a time and place for everything. If you just curse with no filter or just because you can... turn off. If you do it sparingly (situational)... that's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it, unless it's too much. Some people swear so much, only reptiles come out their mouth and it's disgusting. It happens to almost everyone to curse sometimes, but it leaves a bad impression

0|0
    0|0
  • I know right, swearing is bad and considered as A TOTAL TURN OFF in my country

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't bother me. I'm probably just use to it because my dad and his family swears like crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not really a turn off, only if it’s really excessive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if one swears way too much. I don't mind swearing if it's not overdone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I curse a lot myself. So I don't really care if they curse.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't consider conventional 'swear' words as swear words, I only see them as words to express

0|0
    0|0
  • I use fuck (and I'm German) in a normal conversation

0|0
    0|0
  • It does not bother Me since I swear a lot on my gaming.

0|0
    0|0
  • Swear words are just conversation seasoning.

0|0
    1|0
    • It’s impolite and unclassy

• You have to know your audiance. I would never swear in front of someone's mother. But when im hanging out with my friends and even colleagues I'm likely to swear. And it won't be impolite because of the people in talking to.

• Only if it's excessive.

0|0
    0|1
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes