Would you date someone that has anxiety?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, definitely because the weird thing about anxiety is with the right people it can be controlled and shifted and it'll help that person out a lot with their anxiety

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wouldn't mind at all. It's all about patience and being understanding

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

What Guys Said 41

• I did for 3 years.
    My short perspective on it would be, it's hard, but not so hard as to not bother. But what relationship isn't?
    As a very outgoing happy-go-lucky person, it was very odd to others that we ended up together.
    She has pretty intense social anxiety. Miniscule friendship circles. Speaking with an assistant at a store was rarely going to happen no matter if it was necessary or not, she'd rather go without something than to talk to someone to get the thing she needed. Vulnerable as heck, a small negative thing occurring in the morning would haunt her thoughts of an evening. Breakdowns could and did happen.

But you know what? I love the fuck out of her. Most people with anxiety, or social anxiety, typically aren't so bad in a private space, one on one. Especially once the initial conversations are done. I knew who she truly was, which was different to who she put on display for everyone else.
    I wanted to help her, and if I couldn't, at least be able to sub in and get something done that she simply could not.
    I'm probably rambling at this point, thought I'd go for a more detailed response due to personal experience. I hope I helped in some way.

2|0
    0|0
  • Really depends on what they get it about. If its about something specific then sure. That can be handled.

If its one of those things where they just get anxious out of nowhere and kind of shut down and constantly need me to come to the rescue, no; fuck that. I'm trying to be a boyfriend, not a therapist or caregiver to someone who can't function a day without going into total collapse.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not again she was so paranoid that I could never relax and have fun. She made everything into a sexual reference and would always be acting different based on how she thought I was acting. Which was happy with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No thanks. I had already. Long and intense. It’s a horror show. Dealing with irrational fear is impossible for a normal person.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, one, I can help with the anxiety, I'm in psychology and two, people say I'm a very huggable person

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends what their personality is also like and the type of anxiety.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, i once dated a girl with social anxiety... so its all good

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I personally don’t have a problem with it. I’m also prone to it, and if I could help a girl who’s also suffering, that’d be nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but try not to overreact if he has an attack while sex

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, why not, its nice to have somebody to talk about your problems

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, disability and mental conditions don't inhibit love

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It just gives me a chance to help that person out or be there for them.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not a big problem honestly, I won't mind personally

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would date a girl with anxiety cause i currently have it myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be worried about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if im able to help at all ill be even happier

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have anxiety too

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I have anxiety and my ex dated me

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no reason to reject

1|0
    0|0
  • Anxiety doesn't make the person so yes

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah that would just see another quirk to the girl

1|0
    0|0
  • yes. deffo. its not their fault.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I do as well

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have anxiety

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but you have to be willing to work on it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Anxiety does not make them a bad person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would because I do

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 20

• I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder at a very young age, so I have no place to judge others in that light. I’m actually seriously dating someone who deals with anxiety as well though. Our similarities within mental issues brought us closer together.

1|0
    1|0
  • I have dated someone with it bad and all he talked about was being depressed. And literally that’s all we talked about. And he would continue apologizing for no reason. There’s a certain limit where I would date someone that had bad anxiety but in general I think everyone has anxiety to some extent

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but it does depend on how severe it is. I have mild anxiety and it certainly doesn’t effect my life and my relationship very much at all partly because I’m medicated. But someone with severe anxiety and unmedicated I would not date. That’s a nightmare

1|0
    0|0
  • I have anxiety about physical intimacy, so my partner would have to be the patient one, seeing as how I don't get physical with any partners so far.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nah, I deal with my own problems and issues. Two people with anxiety in a relationship is not the best idea.

2|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I'm diagnosed with GAD and I can't see a situation where we wouldn't just make each other more anxious. Health comes first.

1|0
    0|0
  • A girl has more anxiety than a guy. But a guy will date her if he is interested in her and also make sure she is comfortable :))

1|0
    0|0
  • We all experience a little anxiety at some points in our lives, some more than others. But for me I'd rather not date a guy with anxiety

1|0
    0|0
  • Anyday. Everyone has some kind of baggage just find the one that fits

1|0
    0|0
  • Already am

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course.

1|0
    0|0
  • We all have anxiety in us