Is it ever okay for your boyfriend to lie to you?

831

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm no? I wouldn't want my girlfriend (if i can ever find one, that is) to be truthful as well. To prove myself, i give her my phone password (i did that with my ex) and I requested her to give me hers. Now she trusted i wouldn't snoop, and i trusted her. We came through for each other.

Now even if she asked if another girl was more good looking than her, id be honest, saying: "Hey, she may look physically better than you, i still chose you. And for good reason! I love you not just for your looks but also i love you for you. And nothing will change that. " I would add her into some chats with other female friends , to show that she could trust me. We still ended, as my parents pulled us apart.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what exactly.
    Some things are no
    Somethings are yes.

For instance if I asked my boyfriend if my female friend was better looking than me, and she was some porn model, I’d expect him to lie and say “oh hell no boo! Your beauty can’t be compared to her. you're
    A 100 and she’s like a 3”

If he lied to me about stuff like being with a female friend instead of his guy friend then there’d be a problem.

Otherwise I try to be honest completely and he is too. Or so I hope

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • "I’d expect him to lie and say “oh hell no boo! Your beauty can’t be compared to her. you're
      A 100 and she’s like a 3”"

so then what if he told the truth there? how would you feel?

• @Toad-1
      I’d be feeling like super happy regardless 😭 and I’d remind myself that I picked a keeper. (I have actually. The other day he was cuddling with me and told me he he appreciated me and he’s lucky to have me. And he’s done so much for me and God I’m so thankful for this sweet guy).