Why is my boyfriend still trying to impress his ex?

I saw some messages between my boyfriend and his ex. It seemed like he was just trying to catch up with her he initiated the conversation. I was mad at the fact that he’s even still in contact with her but I was even more upset when I saw her ask was he working, which he is not at the time, he knows he isn’t and so do I, but he lied and told her he worked at amazon. It seems like he’s lying to impress her.
Updates:
I’m also assuming he ran into her somewhere bc in one of the messages he told her that he liked her red hair. He’s complimenting her as well.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll suggest confronting him. If you don't trust him, and don't see that changing, I suggest you two break up.

The maybes are that he still wants to be friends day with his ex. I used to do that all of the time. I never thought anything of it.
    Or he's still into her and wants her back, in which case I again suggest leaving.
    As for him lying to her, he may be ashamed, and wants to seem like he's doing better. (could be pride, could be trying to make her regret the break-up, or again, he could want her back)
    If you're snooping into his messages, stop. That is cause for mistrust on his part, and he could justify anything he's doing by saying your snooping caused it.
    Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl that's some shit I don't like confront him. And any one talking to there ex is obviously not over them. I don't talk to my ex out of respect for my boyfriend

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• The fact that he is still talking to her throws red flags , basically it proves he isn't over her still has feelings for her whatever his motive was , you habe every right to be upset with him because that right there is a sign of selfishness and he is only thinking about himself

3|0
    0|0
    • Then he shouldn't of got into another relationship if he isn't over her , save yourself the drama and dump his ass

• Like everyone says, he's not over her. He shouldn't even be talking to her, out of respect for you, as simple as that. Im sure he would hate to see you talking with your ex. Rule goes both ways.

5|0
    0|0
  • Guys always want to win the breakup, i. e. show that their doing better than the other person. Doesn't mean they still want to have anything to do with them. A guy's ego is difficult to beat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh talk to him about it if he tries to act dumb and ask what are u talking about then tht raises concerns

2|1
    1|0
  • He's not over her or to make her jealous because he's petty

3|0
    0|0
  • He probably still likes her in some way... but maybe he doesn't want to seem like he's a piece of shit even after they broke up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Next time you see him do that give him the silent treatment untill he starts to chase you. :)

0|0
    2|0
  • What’s worse is you’re with a proven liar

4|0
    0|0
  • He's not over it

6|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he still likes her

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably to show that his live is good without her

0|1
    0|0
  • Still loves her, wants To get her jalous

0|1
    0|0
  • People need to get over themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Hve you guys had sexx.. Yett?😍😍

0|0
    4|0
  • improve sexlife

0|0
    2|0

What Girls Said 7

• Maybe he just wants to express how well he is doing since the breakup. Just because he is talking to his ex, doesn't mean he still loves her. If he loved her then he wouldn't be with you. Talk to him if you're worried, and if he cares, he will assure you of his feelings. Relationships need trust, as long as he isn't flirting, he probably doesn't mean any harm!

0|0
    2|0
  • wowww he's not over her

3|1
    0|0
  • He isn't over her

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your just a filler.

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually it seems like his trying to make her jealous for leaving him

• He is a asshole...

0|0
    0|0
  • Jobless liar. Sad that you're putting up with it.

7|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes