How to tell my boyfriend to shave his beard?

He grew a full beard and I hate it. He looks like a homeless person.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't give signals. For us guys, we want straight forward answers. Just tell him to shave off the beard.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• "Plz baby shave ur beard, its so sexy for me".

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• Let me put it this way... men don't like subtlety as a means of communication. Especially if your boyfriend likes his beard he won't be quick to pick up the fact that you're hinting to get rid of it. In fact he'll probably actively ignore it until you come right out and say it. Try and be nice about how you say it but don't be discrete about it. Maybe you have that one in 3.5 Billion guy but... the chances of that are clearly slim.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him straight out. If I were him, I would thoughtfully listen and make you feel like your opinion is valued. Then I would help you develop some coping strategies to deal with the fact that the beard is never coming off.

0|0
    1|0
  • You be honest, but remember that if the type of relationship you want is where you both have to try to please each other physically like this you too should take his opinion on your hair and weight ext into account.

It's a bit hypocritical how many women feel comfortable telling a man to shave then saying it's absurd for a man to do the reverse.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask him to, tell mind that you don't like it, he should understand, and by the way, he will gain 3 years in one in the looks department without the beard, I used to have a beard when in highschool and middle and I look like Im a freshman in highschool

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you finds him more attractive without one and that he suits being clean shaven.

0|0
    0|0
  • Realise that you can't and shouldn't try to order people around.

Ask nicely, explain your reasoning, but the decision is his, you don't own him.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Can you shave your beard? I don't like it"

Pretty simple lol

0|2
    0|0
  • Suggest how much more attractive he would be if he would put some coconut oil in it, etc. He'd most likely inquire why. And then that opens the door for a honest, but kind conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drop some change into his hands or his hat whenever you pass him until he starts asking why you do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just say it , I won't mind if my girlfriend asks me to shave my beard , but I have no girlfriend*cries in the corner * πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him that :D He can take it and will also shave his beard. ThatΒ΄s not a bad thing to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Homeless people are just people who have less, do you look down on the poor?

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him. If he doesn't, then you have to decide whether or not you actually care about him or you're just a superficial, shallow little bitch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Say to him, "You shouldn't cultivate under your nose that grows wild up the crevice of your arse! " He'll get that message πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him to groom it to look better.. ofcourse in a savvy way

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him.. you like him in beard but.. everything has a limit..
    too much beard is creepy..

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him straight... stop gathering extra information... Explain why it makes you feel uncomfortable... or bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him you hate it and then he's gonna have to decide between you or the beard πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like me few months ago when i grew mine πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ just say to him you don't like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Get some razors and tell his ass to shave those pubes off his face

0|0
    0|0
  • All u can do is ask him and hope he don't care for it otherwise that's gonna be a problem lol

0|0
    0|0
  • You say... " I hate the beard, you look like a homeless guy, shave it."

0|0
    0|0
  • Say what you said here.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell him to shave it or no sex lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Say he looks hot without a beard. He’ll shave it.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Shave your beard or I'll break up with you"

0|0
    0|1
  • tell him
    no sex till he does haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Shave your beard babe

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him. Not sure if he will tough

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't! I repeat, don't!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Just tell him. I told mine I didn't like his and he shaved it (which I wasn't wanting him to because he was growing it out till he lost a certain amount of pounds).

0|0
    0|0
    • Beards are a curse for humanity

• @guyuser2 some guys look really good in beards - I really don't mind them. I was only teasing him at the time when he had his (my feelings won't change if he has a beard or not)

• Just ask him to shave beard for a change. What do you know? He might say sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Welll, in a relationship you should be able to tell the other everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you miss being able to see his face

0|2
    0|0
  • Tell him to just shame it cause he looks homeless

0|1
    0|0
  • Just say it directly

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him it pricks when you kiss him

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell him exactly what you wrote here.. when you see him say hey you homeless he will eventually ask what why..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes