Taking a man on a date?

Taking a man on a date?
Guys, is it emasculating for a woman to take you on a date? What if it's an expensive date? Would you feel guilty letting her take you out free of charge?
I live in Florida and acquired Disney tickets. They didn't cost me anything but, as we all know, Disney isn't cheap. I asked the guy I like if he wants to go with me some time in the future.

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a great idea for a date, and I find it even better that you got them for free. Neither of you should feel bad about that.
    I generally pay for dates, but if she has the money and wants to take him out on a date, I don't see why anyone should have a problem with it. He's doing something right if she wants to take him out on a date.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see what's the harm in it! Why should guys always be expected to pay, it's not fair. I always prefer paying on the first date unless and until the guy insists that we half it but there is no way that I'm letting him pay. Not on the first date anyway. After that I would prefer if we halved it but there is no way that he is ever going to pay for an entire date besides maybe the second date to even things out.( Cause you know, equality). This usually happens cause I tend to ask the guy out. If he asks me out then well we'll half it. So go girl! Take him out!

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• I believe there is nothing wrong with that. It shows that a woman is more than willing to provide for her man when possible. And it shows that you truly enjoy spending time or would like to spend time with me. It will all go well into winning my heart👍🏽😉

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of us would feel emasculated if a woman took us on a date and paid for everything, so yes.

Personally, if I liked her and she strongly insisted, then I would let her take me out (unless we would agree to pay for it in halves).

1|0
    0|0
  • If you say it like that. I'll be fine with it. I'll probably want to pay for your stuff inside the park to even it up. Let him treat you when you're there and mention you got them for free. Even if it wasn't the case you'd have better chances that way in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer to be the one taking her on a date cuz I'm really not a fan anyone paying for me regardless of who it is but it doesn't matter too much. Just as long as she doesn't start holding doors open for me, pull out my chair and other shit

1|0
    0|0
  • Cool that is awesome he is lucky I really dont mind when women do things diferent from time to time anyway the relationship is of both and men we are not the onlyones to pay or decide everything... that is my thought ofcourse

1|0
    0|0
  • If we agreed on it ahead of time, I would feel a little guilty, but then again, I'd have a romantic plan for the second date and not let you pay for anything. (essentially I'd be paying you back, but with my romantic ways)

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd love it. But then again I'm a gender equality activist.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh gosh that is wicked cute!! No I would just feel the need pay for all of the gas and food or to get you back some other time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would feel guilty. ( And it will be visible if I offer to pay)

Though it's nothing to worry about. You can expect an extravagant next date.

(Unless of course the guy doesn't earn much)

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally wouldn’t mind a girl asking me out or paying for me. It won’t emasculate me in any way at all. I always have appreciated free stuff 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Are you kidding? The fact that you made a move like that is great and would inspire him/me to do the same. Relationships should be about mutually showing each other how much you care in various ways. Good on you! 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess add the part that u got them for free or something, if u r comfortable with (which u r I hope). Jic, he feels a bit insecure as u mentioned (doesn't necessarily mean he is a jerk or etc etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Id be all for it, I never go too far when it comes to spending money on a date or something, mostly because I only work 20 hours a week but id be glad if a girl wanted to pay for me or something

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally I think that it is very forward thinking and it also shows confidence. I would allow a woman to do the role reversal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with that at all, I’m all for it. Not emasculating at all

1|0
    0|0
  • Take me for a date!! I get to pick the location though to eat, (I'm a big eater but I'm also a cheap eater to, I like to know places where I know is cheap if someone else is paying)

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter if she's comfortable with it and is ok then its fine

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds good to me. If a girl doesn’t feel guilty about going on a date, why should a guy?

1|0
    0|0
  • A modern girl must do it, it is only for dinosaurs when men pay for everything

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because it allows us to see what you're passionate about and what interests you.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• If you asked him to go to Disney with you in he future, he may think it’s just a day of fun not a “date”. So he may plan to pay for himself only not for you nor you for him. If you asked him to go with you and you just plan to take him there, depending on the man he is, he may not be happy with you paying for everything. I would let him know they’re free tickets and if you want into pay for a meal say dinners on me or something like it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah why would he mind? Unless he's extremely conservative I don't see why not.

Well you got those tickets for free so why would he have an issue with that? Not like you invested a lot of money in this date.

1|0
    0|1
  • I did this with universal studio tickets that I also got for free, after I asked the guy he ghosted me. Which resulted in me having to use tinder and bumble to find a last minute date, as the tickets were only good for one day I did end up finding someone else to take and we had a good time, but never talked again lol. But hopefully your situation turns out way better than mine lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • You need to be careful and make sure he’s worth it. Otherwise you’re going to look foolish if you spend so much money on a playboy.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it truly bothers him tell him how you acquired them and that they were free.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow I'd love to take a man on a date (expensive&romantic one)

1|0
    0|0
    • Why expensive? Does it matter how much money you would spend on a date with your man?

• Show All
    • I don't agree, I would love to buy him and I can be bought either. I don't care whether I'm a gold digger, I'm just free

• Suit yourself. Just don't be disappointed if you end up broke.

• Have so many times. Guys really appreciate it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes