Tips to tactfully ask my new boyfriend to gain a little bit of weight?

I've been seeing this guy and he's great except, well, he's scrawny. Like not even muscular either.
I like a guy with some meat on his bones. Even a little chub is fine with me.
Is there a tactful way to ask my new guy to put on a little weight? I would love to see him eat more. We went out to dinner for st. Paddys day and all he ordered was wings as an appetizer and didn't even finish them.
I just find it hard to be physically attracted to him when he's this scrawny.
But... I don't want to be the woman who tries to change her man...
Advice?

120

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting scenerio. Ill give you advice based on my experience of being slightly overweight, as opposed to scrawny. If I had my woman ask me “hey, I want you to be thinner” (obviously not probable dialect), I probably wouldn't think twice before heading to a gym because I would do anything to please her. You could say the same for the opposite scenerio, say I were scrawny. Overall, my first tip is just to ask it blatantly. In relationships, weight is a grey area nobody likes to cross. but it has to be done, and one way is blatantly. of course, the big variable here is personality though. Personally, I think I am one who doesn't mind confrontation, etc. So in the case that your boyfriend isn't that type of person, my alternative piece of advice is to make a judgement on his personality. Is he confrontable? frail? in between? Based on what you see in him is how you should act.

Sorry for any obscure, or mislead advice. Like I mentioned, weight is a greyzone, and no matter what, mentioning it to him will be awkward for at least one of you. Hope I helped

TLDR; Is he confrontable? if so, ask him straight up. there's no way around it

Most Helpful Girl

• Good for him regularly and encourage him to work out with you.