Tips to tactfully ask my new boyfriend to gain a little bit of weight?

I've been seeing this guy and he's great except, well, he's scrawny. Like not even muscular either.
I like a guy with some meat on his bones. Even a little chub is fine with me.
Is there a tactful way to ask my new guy to put on a little weight? I would love to see him eat more. We went out to dinner for st. Paddys day and all he ordered was wings as an appetizer and didn't even finish them.
I just find it hard to be physically attracted to him when he's this scrawny.
But... I don't want to be the woman who tries to change her man...
Advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting scenerio. Ill give you advice based on my experience of being slightly overweight, as opposed to scrawny. If I had my woman ask me “hey, I want you to be thinner” (obviously not probable dialect), I probably wouldn't think twice before heading to a gym because I would do anything to please her. You could say the same for the opposite scenerio, say I were scrawny. Overall, my first tip is just to ask it blatantly. In relationships, weight is a grey area nobody likes to cross. but it has to be done, and one way is blatantly. of course, the big variable here is personality though. Personally, I think I am one who doesn't mind confrontation, etc. So in the case that your boyfriend isn't that type of person, my alternative piece of advice is to make a judgement on his personality. Is he confrontable? frail? in between? Based on what you see in him is how you should act.

Sorry for any obscure, or mislead advice. Like I mentioned, weight is a greyzone, and no matter what, mentioning it to him will be awkward for at least one of you. Hope I helped

TLDR; Is he confrontable? if so, ask him straight up. there's no way around it

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Good for him regularly and encourage him to work out with you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• That's a toughy tbh and it may be a dealbreaker. He's not "just going to gain weight like that" because he eats more. I have the skinny gene myself - I was 155 lbs on a 6'3" frame. I got up to 178 (and am 175 now) but it took years of working out - not eating more. If you can't accept his weight move on. It's VERY unlikely to change.

1|0
    0|0
  • Compliment him.

"I love your shoulders" "You've got such a sexy chest... you know you would look so hot if your chest were even bigger!" "You should really lift weights and eat more because I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of you then!"

Talk about how he looks good and that you'd love it if we got more muscular.

0|0
    0|0
  • First, let me forewarn you he is probably an ectomorph, which means he will always tend to be thin. Tell him you want to get in shape together and buy weights or a gym pass. If your lucky, he will put on some muscle and have a lean, James Dean kind of build. You might even do a little redistribution, too, and you'll both get in better condition. There's just no down side.
    ~JSmith

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm I once got really good advice from this video about 25 seconds in. It's kinda the other way around but maybe it could apply somehow? Maybe buy him a large shirt? I don't know sorry that sounds hard. Maybe you just start taking care of your health, work out and lead by example? https://youtu.be/ZDLKQacOPBI

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you considered he has a very high metabolism? He could eat more but it wouldn't affect him. You also have to be hungry to want to eat (referring to the wings). Back to the high metabolism, I have a very high one and I can eat virtually whatever I want except for weight gain and not gain any weight at all. It's also harder to gain muscle because of this.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can easily trick a guy into wanting to do stuff for you by making it sexual. tell him how it would arouse you if he tried to gain a little weight.

guys are just so horribly simple, it's not even funny :D but in this case it's not a bad thing to use it for your advantage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a new man, or offer to work out with him, this is gonna be brought up eventually, you either mask it well and put in the work to groom yourself something you actually like or he just physically isn't what you need

0|0
    0|0
  • From a skinny guy, go to the gym and invite him to join you. Tell him he is sexy when he works out. Reward him by special good sex nights if he goes and keep going, be the carrot 🥕 to the donkey ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Try working out with him and buy him some protein or creatine to beef him up a little more or another step is to smoke weed but find the one that make you hungry cause not all weed is the same and makes you hungry

0|0
    0|0
    • He can't as he said he gets drug tested randomly for work

• So many fish in the sea. Find someone who makes you happy. But always be honest to the person you want to trust and be with. Don't settle for less then unconditional love and happiness

0|0
    0|0
  • Just diarectly ask him he won't mind because if she askes me i can even become hulk😤😬

1|0
    0|0
  • One time my girl just teased me about it, grabbed my bicep and just asked if I would workout.

0|0
    0|0
  • He need to exercice, maybe take a gainer and protein and eat well same.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you wish to massage his muscles if he had evident ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds to me like he's not your type

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't change your man.

0|0
    0|0
    • Consider this comment then ‘Asker,’ You’re either able to change him or let him go. There is potential in your relationship with him, as you’ve stated that he's good for you, but if you're not attracted to him then does that leave you with an intriguing relationship? You decide

• Show All
    • Was just reiterating your contribution to have the asker look at what I was saying in a different perspective 😁😁

• Tell him he's a lanky fuck and needs to be plump

0|0
    0|0
  • Make him more bacon and steaks

0|0
    0|0
  • First try and find out if he has any eating disorders

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes