Do you have any daddy issues (In terms of relationships, attraction, etc.)?

I do. I end up dating older men and attracted to much older men. I always have a weakness for them. Like I get anxiety lol. And get drawn into a relationship. Youngest boyfriend i ever had was 5 years older than me.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Daddy Issues definitely work different for guys and girls. My dad was both emotionally and physically abusive.

This has led to me being a more submissive person. This doesn’t mean I’m shy or afraid, but I’m definitely drawn to women who are stronger, more outgoing and independent. I enjoy being able to provide for my partner as a way of making up for what I never recieved growing up.

At the same time, I do exhibit some of the same behaviors that my father did — Short tempers, inability to express emotion, dual meanings behind my works and ulterior motivations behind my actions. However, this is something I have worked strongly to work against. I’ve been extremely open with my partners and make attempts to not promise more than I can give.

At the end of the day our parents leave an impression on us that we can’t necessarily control, but we should be able to differentiate between healthy and abusive trends and behaviors in our interactions and relationships.

3|1
    0|0
    • You just explained my husband. Bad childhood but he had both Mum and dad issues.

• Show All
    • While I do hate the fact that I was subjected to abuse from both my dad and step-mom, I’m also grateful in a weird way. I put more effort into being aspects of my daily interactions so that I do not become anything like them. I believe my capacity for kindness and love is more than it could have been. At the same time, I have walls that are meters thick protecting all of those traits that I value.

My dad set great examples for how NOT to treat women as well as how NOT to raise a child. While I’m still “young”(24), one of the things I look forward to most is creating a home that I didn’t have the privillage to be a part of. Until then, I make best efforts to be the person I can be. Volunteering, mentorships, and being involved with the community has helped me start to form that “f**k you” to my parents. Being a good husband and father will be the icing on that cake. Every child deserves TLC and a safe environment at the place they call home.

• Thanks for sharing your story!

As people who have walked away from parental abuse, we carry the pain with us everywhere we go. Maybe this makes us “damaged goods” in some sense, but it has also made us stronger, both emotionally and mentally.

• I think. oart of the reason is that men mature slower than women. We don't really get to that point of maturity that a lot of women like until our 30's and some in the 40's

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I dont know if is daddy issues but my father leave me and my mom when i had 6 years and since that time he only appear when dont have any woman who want him and my mom always accept him back, i think i get traumatized with that and i always think every men will leave me or change me and i because possesive. Also my self love do not exist... and i endure all kind of shits from mens even serious ones because i am afraid to end up like my mom alone forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think girls often like older guy's and men often like younger girls

2|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I always seem to attract younger women, they see me as a daddy figure even though by fact I'm not a father at all. I don't mind it but really it's just odd how my personality seems to be appealing to women who're not my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know a lot of couples who are ages apart , and are quite happy with they're relationship. Including my own marriage to a younger woman.. Some women make great choices for themselfs as society looks down at them belittling them to some sort of issues or progmattic reasons why they're interested in such a choice. Then take a good look at the ones snibbling... amusing !!

0|0
    0|0
  • You just don't want to make choices. You want some one else to make them while you are just along for the relationship ride.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age doesn't matter.. and besides that.. u r getting experienced guy.. who will probably keep u satisfied on every aspect ! Gonba beat the shit out of u.. Oldermen like young woman... woman like you !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I like your style, girl. You're definitely a rare breed, know what you want, and like, and you go for it. Not sure what your daddy issues might be, though, so the impact is to be determined. by the way, thanks for giving older guys a shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many girls are attracted to Older men, because of mental compatibility and their stability both financially and in relationships. Its not something uncommon.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm usually attracted to younger girls, but it's more a question of mentality and maturity. I'm a child inside, and I find older women, and adults in general, boring and too serious.

0|0
    0|0
    • You hit the nail on the head. Older women especially around my age bore me to death.

• A certain percent of young women prefer older men.

Works for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have daddy issues, I have an abusive violent drunk that fucked my mom and got her pregnant with me

0|0
    0|0
  • Your just looking for security and stability and maybe experience?

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no harm in being attracted towards older men. All have their own preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have mommy issues. Look at my profile picture. Look at my username, for God's sakes.

0|0
    0|0
  • atta girl. Way to set the example. 🖒🖒

0|1
    0|0
  • And there is norhing wrong with that

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. I'm not attracted to men older than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • We you like 50 year olds. You love old, wrinkley saggy ball

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 10

• I've never had any really older than me , but my attraction for males have never been really for the love of a lover , it was mainly for protection and security. . . Things I never seen my father give me

0|0
    0|0
    • This is one of the saddest things i’ve read. You realize in the 21st century we don’t need protection anymore, right? Modern society is free of most threats.

• Yeah but protection isn't just a physical trait. I suffer from horrible anxiety and depression... Been that way for over 10 years, the comfort of a male presents filled what my father shoes didn't. It's more of a "saving thought" however I learned that I have to love myself first and let things come to me. And no society isn't free of most threats at least over here it isn't.

• I’ve been told jokingly but I don't know... I go for older guys though

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems normal to me
    I don't think it's daddy issues
    My girlfriend is 6yrs older than me

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol i thought everyone did

3|2
    0|0
    • Gosh whyyyyy do we all have daddy issues haha. I guess it's better to have daddy than mommy issues LOL

• I don’t

0|0
    0|0
  • i have issues with everyone

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0