Do you have any daddy issues (In terms of relationships, attraction, etc.)?

I do. I end up dating older men and attracted to much older men. I always have a weakness for them. Like I get anxiety lol. And get drawn into a relationship. Youngest boyfriend i ever had was 5 years older than me.

1218

Most Helpful Guys

• Daddy Issues definitely work different for guys and girls. My dad was both emotionally and physically abusive.

This has led to me being a more submissive person. This doesn’t mean I’m shy or afraid, but I’m definitely drawn to women who are stronger, more outgoing and independent. I enjoy being able to provide for my partner as a way of making up for what I never recieved growing up.

At the same time, I do exhibit some of the same behaviors that my father did — Short tempers, inability to express emotion, dual meanings behind my works and ulterior motivations behind my actions. However, this is something I have worked strongly to work against. I’ve been extremely open with my partners and make attempts to not promise more than I can give.

At the end of the day our parents leave an impression on us that we can’t necessarily control, but we should be able to differentiate between healthy and abusive trends and behaviors in our interactions and relationships.

• You just explained my husband. Bad childhood but he had both Mum and dad issues.

• While I do hate the fact that I was subjected to abuse from both my dad and step-mom, I’m also grateful in a weird way. I put more effort into being aspects of my daily interactions so that I do not become anything like them. I believe my capacity for kindness and love is more than it could have been. At the same time, I have walls that are meters thick protecting all of those traits that I value.

My dad set great examples for how NOT to treat women as well as how NOT to raise a child. While I’m still “young”(24), one of the things I look forward to most is creating a home that I didn’t have the privillage to be a part of. Until then, I make best efforts to be the person I can be. Volunteering, mentorships, and being involved with the community has helped me start to form that “f**k you” to my parents. Being a good husband and father will be the icing on that cake. Every child deserves TLC and a safe environment at the place they call home.

• Thanks for sharing your story!

As people who have walked away from parental abuse, we carry the pain with us everywhere we go. Maybe this makes us “damaged goods” in some sense, but it has also made us stronger, both emotionally and mentally.

• I think. oart of the reason is that men mature slower than women. We don't really get to that point of maturity that a lot of women like until our 30's and some in the 40's

Most Helpful Girls

• I dont know if is daddy issues but my father leave me and my mom when i had 6 years and since that time he only appear when dont have any woman who want him and my mom always accept him back, i think i get traumatized with that and i always think every men will leave me or change me and i because possesive. Also my self love do not exist... and i endure all kind of shits from mens even serious ones because i am afraid to end up like my mom alone forever.

• I think girls often like older guy's and men often like younger girls