In your opinion is it alright for a girl to ask a guy out?

• It's cool.
    Vote A
  • No, I don't think it is alright.
    Vote B
  • I prefer it to be like that :p
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• 100% acceptable, and I'd encourage it. Not enough women do that, in my opinion. Men aren't the best thinkers. So if a woman can remove the doubt and just take charge in that way, all the better.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Of course it is. It's nerve wracking for both people when they have feelings for one another, and it's a huge relief when one of them pulls the trigger and asks the other out. If you want to ask a guy out, go for it.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes it's fine. And don't let anyone make you think it's wrong or desperate.
    Some guys can be to shy to ask a girl out. So if you like guy, go right ahead.
    I asked out my ex boyfriend when I first met him and he was happy that I did because he was nervous to ask me out.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to have a friend who would ask guys out all the time she had no shame and I secretly wished I could be that confident. I even saw some guys reject her advances and she took it like nothing and moved one while I would be devastated and eat a whole gallon of ice cream ๐Ÿ˜…

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• Since I usually get asked out (or something thrown at me) most of the time I rarely do the asking anymore. It is better that way, the women do the choosing anyways so they may as well ask.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's actually kinda hot. When someone knows what they want and goes for it... That's when opportunities become reality. I'm glad we have women out there that break the mold of society and discover that you have to go for what you want.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Why not? It's 2018, not 1918. Women should be able to do anything men do.

2|0
    0|0
  • Absoutely, and they should do it more often because then they get the guy they want and when they want him rather than stressing herself aout wondering if a particular guy gets it that she is interested and when he will get around to asking her out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Any fellow who can't handle it is probably too insecure to be viable as a boyfriend.
    ~JSmith

1|0
    0|0
  • that. is. literally. the. hottest. thing. ever. just do it and dont give 2 shits if you get rejected, guys are expected to make the first movr which although is a great confidencr and social skill builder , the same opportunity should be applied to both genders.

0|0
    0|0
  • Perfectly fine. No reason why should always be the guy, seems a rather old fashioned view these days

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly why isn't this a thing? That'd be a nice change!

1|0
    0|0
  • Normally, Men usually seek women but at the sometime we men wish that women would seek us more like we do.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's wrong in it? A girl has equal right as guy have..๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ and if u want that guy then, u dont have to wait for him to ask u first !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh i've only ever asked once to a girl. And all the rest of the time the girls have been with me have asked me first. So yeah it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely! Sometimes the guy just thinks that you're friends and doesn't realize that you are interested in more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I strongly prefer if the ladies made the first move, especially in light of all the sexual harassment allegations coming to light.

0|0
    1|0
  • I prefer it to be like that since I'm deadly shy. But I realize I will have to chamge on that aspect...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea I would love it especially because I am shy to ask her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup , a guy being asked out makes him flattered so nothing wrong with it

0|0
    0|0
  • why not?
    if she asks me out , that means she likes me

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe only in special cases like her birthday party

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with it lol, I don't know why people make a big deal out of it

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't hurt... well maybe it would hurt cultural norms but they don't matter as much

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Sure, why not?

0|1
    0|0
  • Some guys are more shy than meets the eye. They could be super into you, yet feel intimidated by how great you are. So itโ€™s up to you to get things going.

If theyโ€™re a jerk to you though or typically ignore you, leave it alone. Playground rules are BS when it comes to grown men. โ€œHeโ€™s only mean, because he thinks youโ€™re so hot!โ€ Nooooo...๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ™„

1|1
    0|0
  • Confidence is seen as attractive quality and I believe that to be so. Go ahead and you might find him more likely to say yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes.
    Sometimes if you want something youve just gotta go out and get it yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Itโ€™s not any different than a guy asking a girl out

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Why wait?

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not equality plus if you wanted to and get it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Of course, it's 2018

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • sure there is no rule