1 y

How long is long enough to wait for before asking someone out after they breakup with their partner?

A girl I like recently broke up with her boyfriend. They've been on and off for a year or two and it never seemed like he treated her very well. I've liked her for awhile and I want to ask her out sometime, but how long should I wait? The problem is that she's struggling with the breakup and I want to be there for her, but not in a way that seems like I'm taking advantage of her situation. I want to help her out now and eventually ask her out when we get close enough. I'm not trying to take advantage of the breakup or her situation at all, but I never built up enough courage to ask her out before she started dating him and I don't want to lose the opportunity again. Can anyone give me any suggestions?
2
1