Do you kiss on the first date?

I have a first date with a new guy next week and I’m wondering if we’ll kiss. I’m a little nervous.

• Yes, most of the time
    Vote A
  • Not usually
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on how you feel about the person. Do not kiss because you think you have to.

2|0
    0|0
    • See I was feeling a little pressured to. But I realize I don’t want to so I’ll probably wait

• I kiss on the first date.
    I introduce it gently.
    During the date, i stay appealing (smoothly), with words and gestures.
    Then when an occasion to kiss comes, i smack her on her cheek, my lips being close to her mouth, on her lips commissure.
    Generally, it is a turn on for her, and she ask for the kiss. (Silently, i feel her desire)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not usually. I had a date today actually and we kissed quite a few times. And did a little more than kiss. I don't really know how to explain it other than we had a connection. He introduced it gently and I made sure that my body language showed that I was interested. And he always made sure to ask if I liked what he was doing or if he was too rough. If you don’t feel ready, it’s okay to say so. I think the reason those kisses with him were so good was because I waited. If he’s right for you, he won't pressure you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow that was so helpful. Was this your first date together?

• Show All
    • You'll be okay just make sure to go slow

• Thank you!

• I never have.
    I just think it would be awkward. I prefer to kiss people that mean something to me/have a genuine connection and have it come at the right time naturally.

4|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 46

• I don't do dates. I hang out with girls I liked and we happened to kiss. They're weren't really dates. We liked each other and decided to try and see where things could go.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how well the date goes honestly. If there's a real deep connection than I've had a full on make out session before. If I've had fun Ill sometimes end it with a peck on the cheek. Of it goes poorly than I basically give her a hand shake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Should get to know the person you're saying first. If you've known them for awhile then I don't see why not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually try but pay attention to her eyes. And body language you can see the interest

2|0
    0|0
  • Always, usualy at the point where we part ways, in front of her home, bus / train station, her car.
    Had many where they sont expect it at all but i do it anyway so they get used to how i am sooner that after who knows how many dates

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't actuslly remember the last time I waited until I was on a date my relationships have always started with a kiss and we normally weren't dating at all when we first kiss.

0|0
    0|0
  • This isn't a yes or no question. It completely depends on how the date goes and if the people are into each other or not.

1|2
    0|0
  • Depends on the date and how it went. If I was really enjoying the date and was really attracted then yea I'd go for it

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't go on a date unless I was already attracted to her, so of course I would kiss on the first date.

1|0
    1|0
  • If it feels right hell yes. It's been a long time since a first date. Fiancee and I fukt all night when we first met.

1|0
    1|0
  • I always tried not to. But back when I was dating usually that ended up happening.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you don't have sex on a first date, never mind kissing, you haven't got a connection.

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean I haven't been in a while but if the girl shows signs then yeah if not then no.

1|0
    0|0
  • It will be depends on the girl actually, if she like look at me most of the time, maybe i'll kiss her

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't go on too many dates, but whenever I do, I try to make an impression. So I'd normally be like "will it be weird to kiss you right now?"

0|0
    0|0
    • Wait for the moment to happen. Asking is kinda awkward and weird in my opinion

• Lol the moment never seem forthcoming. Plus I hate being turned down.

• Just wait till u both give each other the look. I’d be more creeped out if he asked

• If you've an attraction for the guy then yes. If you've not kissed then it means you've no immediate click

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually i would kiss on the first date only if it went really well or was bad and i knew there wasn't going to be a second.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how the date goes. Normally I do if there's some kind of connection between us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dnt do it on the first date. If u feel like it, just one on the cheek

0|0
    0|0
  • I do, but it's because she wants it. Only kiss him if you want it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, if she is a bad kisser it's Bad.

1|0
    0|0
    • What makes someone a bad kisser? I get nervous and I’m never sure if I’m a good kisser or not. But once I’m comfortable I get really into it

• If she begin to kiss otherwise no ;P

1|0
    0|0
  • That costs extra

2|0
    0|0
  • ALL THE TIME!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the flow.

1|1
    0|0
  • Let it flow, whatever happens.

2|0
    0|0
  • I didt go for a date... in past

1|0
    0|0
  • If you lile each other, why not. Just let it flow

1|0
    0|0
  • I always

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I would have to ask first,

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• It doesn't matter about the timing of the kiss, as long as both of you feel comfortable and want to kiss each other the time will come. I personally didn't kiss my boyfriend until our 3rd date, since our other two were in pretty public places and I didn't feel comfortable. If they really like you they will be willing to wait and not pressure you. Good luck :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't usually kiss on the first date but there's few times where I have kissed a guy on the first date.
    This is because I found him attractive and I feel like there's a great connection.
    But its rare lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, my boyfriend asked if he could kiss me at the end of our first date, so I'll go with yes

1|0
    1|0
  • It really should depend on your personal standard. If your standard is to not kiss right away stick to that. If you have never thought about or don't feel strongly either way, I suggest the you base it on your connection.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have a connection and you both want it than why not

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not. I like to have a few dates before things get official. And I don't kiss 'strangers'.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I ended up liking him, if not, no kiss at the end of the date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done this maybe once or twice and that was Because I really really liked him. If you can't get me to kiss on the first date, then I'm not that interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats to fast, maby he things you esay to get when you do that.

2|1
    0|1
  • Where's my first date so I can answer to that question?

0|0
    0|0
  • If things turned out good, will surely go for, even more 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • I kiss for sure. At minimum

1|3
    0|0
  • , No

1|0
    0|0
  • If I like him, yes, and usually more

1|1
    0|1
  • Depends on the connection, but usually yes

2|0
    1|0
  • I did and one was before our first date

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the connection and if you want to

1|0
    0|0
  • If I want to

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would like to know him in every way

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve done that before, so yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't, but every date is situational.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. He could have heroes of the mouth!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not usually but I certainly have

0|0
    0|0
  • My mum always told me not to but I think now a days you have to show but you are keen and not play hard to get because there's more choice thanks to apps like tinder also if you've known the guy for a long time before you started dating I don't see the problem it's just like saying thanks for the date, I'd like to see you again with out saying it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes